Acer Aspire 5750 No AC Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedk

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6887. I replaced the modular DC Jack 4 months ago. Simple unplug old one, plug in new one. It's been running fine since then... until yesterday. The laptop is no longer accepting power from the AC power supply. The voltage has been tested at the tip and is a consistent 19.48v. It works just fine when running off of battery (I have access to another similar model so I have charged the battery with the other latpop...so that rules out any attached hardware. Likewise, my power supply works fine in the other laptop as well.

I'm no stranger to the inside of any computer, be it laptop or desktop. I've done numerous surface mount dc jack replacements, but beyond visible damage, I haven't done much trouble shooting at the board level. I've referenced this website a few times in the past, but this is the first time I've had to reach out for assistance. This one has been opened up and voltage reads at the board where the modular DC Jack plugs in & there's no visible sign of failure on the board, no abuse, no spills, no burnt components. Continuity is OK between the DC Jack and the board. CMOS is good and reads 3.1v.

I did find a similar issue with an older Acer Aspire - can't find the link now :cry: , however, it looked like a 5300 series with the white palmrest/keyboard - where a small fuse was bypassed/replaced. I'm guessing this one is a similar issue.

Before I take it apart again, does anyone have a schematic of the power/charging circuitry for this model? Any personal knowledge would be appreciated too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS