ati radeon 64mb vs geforce 2 pro

G

which one of these g-cards is better . i have a t-bird 1.2ghz and 256mb ram which card is best for me

"Dont sh*t where you sleep"

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I don't know is the truth. It will be conditional in what you do. If you do high resolution photoshop, web designing, programming then the Radeon would have an advantage. If you are into Linux then good luck with the Radeon, the support is getting better but the GF2 Pro will have ready drivers for you at your door step. Are you a gamer? Are you really a gamer? Do you do alot of different things on your computer. What matters to you more, an astounding knock you off your feet visuals or more for the FPS numbers you see in a benchmark? Does video, high quality DVD are of interest to you? What games do you play, if you play QuakeIII and QuakeIII game engine games then the Kyro2 beats out both of them. If you play Counter Strike the Radeon and the GF pro would do well with the edge going to the pro. If you play Giants then the Radeon has the edge in FPS. Virtually in all cases the Radeon can deliver better looking 3d rendering and colors, for some that is meaningless for others it is like fine wine. It is up to you. Let us know more in what is important to you. Oh yes do you work in 3d programs like 3dsMax, Maya, TrueSpace etc..

TRENDING THREADS