only works in safe mode..otherwise just desktop background..

My computer starts but the only thing that appears is my desktop background.
No start menu or anything.

The last thing I did was install and run Avast anti-virus scan and AdAware.

It works in start mode and I tried to restore to an earlier point a few
times and to different checkpoints but they failed and "no changes were
made."

Please Help!

jaime

Run AVAST in Safe Mode... get rid of your virus infection. Also run AdAware
and SpyBot in safe mode.

"April" wrote:

> My computer starts but the only thing that appears is my desktop background.
> No start menu or anything.
>
> The last thing I did was install and run Avast anti-virus scan and AdAware.
>

> It works in start mode and I tried to restore to an earlier point a few
> times and to different checkpoints but they failed and "no changes were
> made."
>
> Please Help!

You need to remove the virus(es) from your computer.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"April" <April@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer starts but the only thing that appears is my desktop
background.
> No start menu or anything.
>
> The last thing I did was install and run Avast anti-virus scan and
AdAware.

> It works in start mode and I tried to restore to an earlier point a few
> times and to different checkpoints but they failed and "no changes were
> made."
>
> Please Help!

TRENDING THREADS