Problem: Software downloaded appears in English?

August 4, 2005 6:24:03 PM

I have downloaded Windows Media Player and some others. I download them from
English website and the first few download windows are in English. But then
the download changes to Korean and I end up with the application in Korean.
Some of my file names and other things appear in Korean. When my computer
has a serious problem, Internet Explorer directs it to a Korean-language
"Crash Analysis" which I can't read. They are all connected to Microsoft.

I want to keep Korean as a language input and use the Language Bar. BUt I
don't want entire programs in Korean.

How can I change my computer or Microsoft or something to get
English-language things?
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:36:01 PM

Give this a try: In Internet Explorer browser, select Tools, click Internet Options, and then click Languages.
You should have English listed as a language (and make sure it is listed first).
Add Korean as the second language. (Move English to the top if it gets bumped down).
Press OK as needed / applay changes.

At least, this should help your browsing.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

!