Closed Solved

Acer 5354 internal speaker not working

Hello,
Even after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer 5354 internal speaker working
  1. Best answer
    Hello... Check your Bios setting for a disabled device/Sound chip.
  2. where is bios? It was working before being shipped to me by a friend.
  3. Right Click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and goto playback devices. If the standard is set to hdmi or any other, change it to speaker.
  4. Did that, and it was set to"Speakers" already. I am wondering if it has something to do with being shipped. The speaker was working before hand at my friend's house. Thanks!
  5. Actually it is an Acer 5253 with Windows 7
  6. Hello... have you tried plugging in some headphones to determine this? ( speaker broken ).
  7. yes the headphone jack works
  8. Is the internal speaker connected with a clip or soldered connections? anything a novice can do by opening up the laptop case?
  9. Hello... then it is possible wiring has come loose during shipping.
  10. Would this be wiring that is soldered or clipped? any available tutorials to show how to access the speaker wiring?
  11. Why would the install program recognize the speaker and install drivers if it isn't connected?
  12. hello... all drivers do is detect and communicate to the chips and operating Systems... They don't communcate with things like speakers/headphones... those are called passive devices.
  13. Hi, the connector for the speakers is under the keyboard, it is a plug in connector with wires.
  14. Thanks! I found the speaker and connection and it seemed fine. Guess I can order a speaker and try replacing.
    Still no sound from internal speaker but works with headphone jack.
  15. The problem could be from the headphone jack, with some music try connecting slowly the headphone to see if some sound will come momentary from the speakers.
  16. Tried that already and no sound from speaker.
  17. Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
  18. Hi :)

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Speakers Drivers Laptops