GPS PROBLEMS i730

Last response: in Network Providers
July 21, 2004 3:24:56 AM

Ok anyone else having this problem.

i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on signal or
just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own when trying to use
gps.
Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels problem
and that they are working on it with Motorola.

Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked to that
has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of lies Microsoft
uses)

More about : gps problems i730

July 21, 2004 7:42:36 PM

Same story here. I spent 3 hours between iden update with software
updates and finally putting a spare phone in to service only to find out
the problem still existed. Same store from Telenav and Nextel. My
experience with Telenav is that they are on the ball. Nextel on the
other hand with their CS people who don't really know the product........

In the old days of Nextel, the CS reps really new the system inside and
out. Today they are lucky if they have a mobile phone.

Mike

Trai' La Trash wrote:

> Ok anyone else having this problem.
>
> i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on signal or
> just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own when trying to use
> gps.
> Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
> Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
> This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels problem
> and that they are working on it with Motorola.
>
> Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked to that
> has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of lies Microsoft
> uses)

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:24:32 AM

Trai' La Trash wrote:
> Ok anyone else having this problem.
>
> i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on
> signal or just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own when
> trying to use gps.
> Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
> Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
> This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels
> problem and that they are working on it with Motorola.
>
> Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked
> to that has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of lies
> Microsoft uses)

This article might be of help
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/gps-04zzh.html

--
Andreas van Hooijdonk
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com

Andreas van Hooijdonk <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote:
> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>> Ok anyone else having this problem.
>>
>> i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on
>> signal or just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own when
>> trying to use gps.
>> Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
>> Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
>> This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels
>> problem and that they are working on it with Motorola.
>>
>> Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked
>> to that has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of lies
>> Microsoft uses)
>
> This article might be of help
> http://www.spacedaily.com/news/gps-04zzh.html

Wow that makes we want to call 611 again and ask them what they think is
wrong with my phone and record the conversation.
I have the voice message saved from Telenav and it was clear and to the
point.
I think I like Telenav because they were honest and to the point and the
message says hey we have a problem and don't know why.
What gripes me is that in 2 weeks I got used to having it and now it's
gone.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 5:51:08 PM

Trai' La Trash wrote:
> Andreas van Hooijdonk <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote:
>> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>>> Ok anyone else having this problem.
>>>
>>> i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on
>>> signal or just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own
>>> when trying to use gps.
>>> Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
>>> Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
>>> This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels
>>> problem and that they are working on it with Motorola.
>>>
>>> Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked
>>> to that has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of
>>> lies Microsoft uses)
>>
>> This article might be of help
>> http://www.spacedaily.com/news/gps-04zzh.html
>
> Wow that makes we want to call 611 again and ask them what they think
> is wrong with my phone and record the conversation.
> I have the voice message saved from Telenav and it was clear and to
> the point.
> I think I like Telenav because they were honest and to the point and
> the message says hey we have a problem and don't know why.
> What gripes me is that in 2 weeks I got used to having it and now
> it's gone.

Motorola and SiRF seem to have found a solution

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040721/sfw106_1.html

--
Andreas van Hooijdonk
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:13:34 AM

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...

"Andreas van Hooijdonk" <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote in message
> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>> Andreas van Hooijdonk <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote:

>>> This article might be of help
>>> http://www.spacedaily.com/news/gps-04zzh.html
>>
>> Wow that makes we want to call 611 again and ask them what they think
>> is wrong with my phone and record the conversation.
>> I have the voice message saved from Telenav and it was clear and to
>> the point.
>> I think I like Telenav because they were honest and to the point and
>> the message says hey we have a problem and don't know why.
>> What gripes me is that in 2 weeks I got used to having it and now
>> it's gone.
>
> Motorola and SiRF seem to have found a solution
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040721/sfw106_1.html
>
> --
> Andreas van Hooijdonk
> http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com

Anonymous
July 24, 2004 6:30:10 AM

Andreas van Hooijdonk <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote:
> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>> Andreas van Hooijdonk <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> wrote:

>>> This article might be of help
>>> http://www.spacedaily.com/news/gps-04zzh.html
>>
>> Wow that makes we want to call 611 again and ask them what they think
>> is wrong with my phone and record the conversation.
>> I have the voice message saved from Telenav and it was clear and to
>> the point.
>> I think I like Telenav because they were honest and to the point and
>> the message says hey we have a problem and don't know why.
>> What gripes me is that in 2 weeks I got used to having it and now
>> it's gone.
>
> Motorola and SiRF seem to have found a solution
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040721/sfw106_1.html

Mine still doesn't work. Boo whoo sniffle sniffle.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:32:34 AM

I got worse than that; on Monday morning, after the Sat it started, I had
Cust Service instruct me to get my phone swapped out; although I was having
the problem with 2 phones. Now, I get to take up the fight to get
reimbursed for the wallpapers and ring tones that I had bought for the 'not
broken' phone.

All cause they just couldn't 'fess up to a problem.

"Trai' La Trash" <UAintSpamminMe@aol.com> wrote in message
> Ok anyone else having this problem.
>
> i730 and 830 Nextel satelites are screwing up. Phone wont lock on signal
or
> just locks up (like old windows) or reboots on its own when trying to use
> gps.
> Even tried my sim in a new i830 and the same problem!
> Even tried resetting the phone with iDEN update software.
> This started Friday. Called Telenav and they told me it's Nextels problem
> and that they are working on it with Motorola.
>
> Called Nextel and they gave me the "your the 1st person I've talked to
that
> has this problem" line of BS. (Must use the same book of lies Microsoft
> uses)

May 5, 2009 10:57:15 PM

I agree with the majority of you guys/gals. Telenav has great communication and customer service. You should visit their forum, telenav has great administrators who quickly answer your questions. A little while ago I posted on telenav’s forum about a road in my town that was not posted. Well, I completely forgot about it until I was looking for a restaurant on that road, and lo-and-behold it was there!
!