Extracting .exe from Zip

Hi,

I downloaded a zip file from the net, but every time I try to extract the
files, everything but the .exe file extracts. I've tried everything on the
computer, as to unblocking the file and trying again, but I've had no luck
whatsoever. Is there anyone that can advise me what to do?? I've been
trying for a long time, but got absolutely nowhere.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

You may have an over-zealous antivirus program which interferes with the extracting. Try temporarily disabling your AV--however, be certain the file came from a very reliable trusted source. Even better --- have your AV scan the zip file and its contents.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User