Berzerk Cocktail or Tron Cabaret - Which to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.

John

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Why not get the one you like most?? if the best reason you can come up with
to justify keeping it is rarity you might be in this for the wrong reasons.

/b

<grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
> pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
> about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
> it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
> or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.
>
> John

guinness

Tron has always been one of my favorites and it had everything to do with
gameplay vs art. I have both Tron and Berzerk and I revisit Tron a hell of
a lot more than Berzerk. Berzerk is okay, but shooting in one maze
(berzerk) gets much older than playing in 4 mazes (tron). The anticipation
of which game will unfold in each rack when you pick one always gets me
going.

tim (NH)

"arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> If it were me, I would definitely keep the Berzerk. It is a great classic,
> although it's not the most exciting game out there - neither is Tron.
>
> I think Tron is highly overrated, with most of the novelty being in the
> design and art of the upright cabinet. With the mini, you won't have any
> of that. It's been a while since I've played one, but the 'Qix/Surround'
> mode and the dude with his arm up shooting in a diagonal gets tired real
> fast.
>
> My 2 cents...
>
> <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
>> pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
>> about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
>> it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
>> or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.
>>
>> John

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

i'd scrap the idea of a caberet tron and consider the upright. tron
isn't tron w/ out the effects :)
tough call for me. i'd keep both as they are both good games.
if i had to choose, i'd keep the bezerk cocktail and wait for a cheap
fixer upper for the tron.
tron's show up all the time on ebay both working and non working.

ronald

Ive owned a Tron Cabaret and have the Berzerk cabaret thats shown in
KLOV. Although I loved Tron I always missed the upright cabinet with the
cool artwork and lighting. The cabaret just has the woodgrain which is oh
so 70's :) If space isnt an issue, I'd keep the Berzerk and wait for an
upright to come along later. The Berzerk cocktail is more rare than the
Tron (200-500 or less) especially with good artwork under the glass. As far
reselling later down the road if need be, the Tron is more marketable than
the Berzerk. If it were me I would keep the Berzerk. Did you get your
Berzerk from John aka Baraka??? That was the one I was almost going to buy
from Lloyd last summer.

http://www.habos-arcade.com/Tron.htm My Tron page
http://www.habos-arcade.com/Berzerk.htm My Berzerk page

Mike
www.habos-arcade.com

John,

You NEED both. I'm sure the group will agree.

Mark Hooks