Closed

Berzerk Cocktail or Tron Cabaret - Which to choose.

I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.

John
6 answers Last reply
More about berzerk cocktail tron cabaret choose

    Why not get the one you like most?? if the best reason you can come up with
    to justify keeping it is rarity you might be in this for the wrong reasons.

    /b

    <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
    > pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
    > about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
    > it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
    > or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.
    >
    > John

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Tron has always been one of my favorites and it had everything to do with
    gameplay vs art. I have both Tron and Berzerk and I revisit Tron a hell of
    a lot more than Berzerk. Berzerk is okay, but shooting in one maze
    (berzerk) gets much older than playing in 4 mazes (tron). The anticipation
    of which game will unfold in each rack when you pick one always gets me
    going.

    tim (NH)

    "arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > If it were me, I would definitely keep the Berzerk. It is a great classic,
    > although it's not the most exciting game out there - neither is Tron.
    >
    > I think Tron is highly overrated, with most of the novelty being in the
    > design and art of the upright cabinet. With the mini, you won't have any
    > of that. It's been a while since I've played one, but the 'Qix/Surround'
    > mode and the dude with his arm up shooting in a diagonal gets tired real
    > fast.
    >
    > My 2 cents...
    >
    > <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
    >> pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
    >> about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
    >> it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
    >> or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.
    >>
    >> John

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    i'd scrap the idea of a caberet tron and consider the upright. tron
    isn't tron w/ out the effects :)
    tough call for me. i'd keep both as they are both good games.
    if i had to choose, i'd keep the bezerk cocktail and wait for a cheap
    fixer upper for the tron.
    tron's show up all the time on ebay both working and non working.

    ronald
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Ive owned a Tron Cabaret and have the Berzerk cabaret thats shown in
    KLOV. Although I loved Tron I always missed the upright cabinet with the
    cool artwork and lighting. The cabaret just has the woodgrain which is oh
    so 70's :) If space isnt an issue, I'd keep the Berzerk and wait for an
    upright to come along later. The Berzerk cocktail is more rare than the
    Tron (200-500 or less) especially with good artwork under the glass. As far
    reselling later down the road if need be, the Tron is more marketable than
    the Berzerk. If it were me I would keep the Berzerk. Did you get your
    Berzerk from John aka Baraka??? That was the one I was almost going to buy
    from Lloyd last summer.

    http://www.habos-arcade.com/Tron.htm My Tron page
    http://www.habos-arcade.com/Berzerk.htm My Berzerk page

    Mike
    www.habos-arcade.com
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Duh!!! Sorry John!

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    John,

    You NEED both. I'm sure the group will agree.

    Mark Hooks

    <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I have a nice beautifully restored Berzerk Cocktail - One of my
    > pictures is up on klov which has no credits under it. I'm thinking
    > about acquiring a tron cabaret which someone wants to trade me. Would
    > it be a good trade to trade the Berzerk Cocktail for the Tron Cabaret
    > or should I just keep the Berzerk Cocktail due to it's rarity.
    >
    > John

Classifieds Games Video Hot Deals