Geforce2 MX400 or RADEON *DELETED*

G

What Radeon card are you referring to. Do you think it will work with my setup. MB chipset is KT133

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I have a MX400 64meg card and a Radeon 64. Really no contest between the two, Radeon is just better all the way around in 2d, DVD/Video, 3d quality and speed. My MX400 is an Innovision Tornardo card which I am not to impress with but it does work for what I got it for. Running SuSe7.2 on it currently.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
If you want to go with a Nvidia chip card then get at least a GF2 or GF2pro. SDRam really kills the performance of the MX's, even the fastest MX400 can't keep up with a regular GF2.

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
Posted by dynodale: "Same question. What card and why."]

The full answer is already done above:
"Radeon LE for low price great bang for the buck, Radeon 64 with SE core for top Radeon <b>Speed and quality.</b> $70 or $150. "

- There's nothing more to add . That's it. There's enough info. The whole name won't say much new, as you might find, for example,
ATI Radeon SDR AGP 32MB SDRAM (Radeon, 4X AGP), or
ATI Radeon LE AGP 32MB DDR SDRAM (Radeon, 4X AGP), or
ATI Radeon VE AGP 32MB DDR SDRAM (Radeon, 4X AGP, Dual Display & PC>TV), or
ATI Radeon 64MB DDR SDRAM (Radeon, 4X AGP).

I don't think somebody would waste time on recommending of something incompatible. Don't worry.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The LE, which tweaks to retail specs and goes for $70
The LE TVO, same as LE but includes Composite and S-Video out for $100
Retail Radeon 32DDR, same specs as the tweaked LE but no tweaking needed-$100
Retail Radeon 64DDR, same as Retail 32 except more memory available at a faster rate-$140
Retail Radeon 64 VIVO, includes TVO plus input, available with the faster RAM, $150.

Video killed my Radio Card!

TRENDING THREADS