All in good fun. Right Gentlemen?
pcgraphpng.php

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Here's mine.

pcgraphpng.php

Mingo, you libertarian rightist!

In all seriousness though this test was made for the American market. On a more European compass I would end up more to the right, simply because questions like "Sex outside marriage is usually immoral?", "No one can feel naturally homosexual?", "You cannot be moral without being religious?" and other scary dark age questions would not be asked.

I guess whoever made that test puts too much of having an open mind as attributes towards a liberal mind, or it wouldnt have ended as it did
Essentually, Im Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10
or, about as centered as youll find, which could speak volumes, but I doubt it

PennyLife

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
pcgraphpng.php

Economic: -0.12
Social: -3.90

I do have to say that I feel like I am a little more of a free-market economist than the results would indicate. I feel that ideally, a free market with healthy competition is the best way to achieve a good economy, good education, freedom, and good standards of living overall. Of course, I did answer in a couple of the questions that some governmental regulation is needed, not so much because I don't believe in the free market's ability to govern itself, but because I don't trust humans to not cut corners or get greedy once in a while.

I am not surprised by my results. But then again, for anyone who and realizes America is a Constitutional Republic and what that means, these results are typical.

Interesting to note that on the "International Chart" most world leaders are right leaning fascists.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.26

I seem to be the most extreme on one side so far on here. Even all the famous people listed come on the site don't really come close.

I don't believe this. JDJ, I am apparently pretty much in the middle with you.

Economic Left/Right: 0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87
:eek:
All I can say is that they didn't ask the right questions.

Mutt x

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

I don't know how to show the image but the test places me near the center but in the bottom right quadrant.

Like others have posted, I don't think the test asks questions that accurately reflect my political positions. This is the bane of all tests---validity. Does the test actually measure what it is intending to measure?

As a therapist I frequently hear one partner give their opinion of the other person's feelings or perspective. Thats what this feels like, this test shows me what the testers think I am. That is researcher bias and I doubt they know it.

Most people of extreme political positions do not truly understand their opponent's point of view. They can paint a caricature of the other side but don't understand it well enough to defend it. Therefore, when they describe it it never "rings true" with how the person really feels/thinks.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
Here we go:
pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36

I hope this explains why I am so crazy.

Yes, I will vote for the Australian Communist party when I grow up.

Yes, I do think Communism (when done properly ie. under my rule) would be the best system of gov't.

Scrapping that I'm putting the Australian Greens next after in preferences. Gotta love the first past the post system.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
pcgraphpng.php

@amdfangirl

While I do mostly agree with Communism in principle, the human race is, in general, to greedy and self centered to make it work properly :(
Politicians will always end up being corrupted and stacking the system in their favor while an equal share of the communal resources fosters an environment where many feel little/no motivation to support the collective.

Personally, I would prefer a hybrid system where everyone is guaranteed the basics (housing, food, education, health care, etc.) while still allowing for a free market economy (albeit throughly regulated to protect the collective and foster innovation).
As long as individual rights are still held paramount, I think such a system would be ideal.

:lol:
How true!

mountains

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

Hi?

pcgraphpng.php

Problem I see with this: I'm fairly certain that most people are willing to conflate the economic scale with the social one. Being "right" on this test is essentially being a free market Austrian sort of fellow, but most people look at the "right" and think of Ann Coulter.

Status
Not open for further replies.