Recommended Gaming Temperature for Samsung laptop?

Hi everyone.
I recently bought the Samsung NP350V5C-S08IL.
Specs:
Quote:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor 2.4GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
Resolution: 1366x768
HDD: 1TB 5400RPM


When I play games like Battlefield 3 on any settings (low/medium/high) it plays it perfectly with amazing fps considering it is a laptop afterall, but of course, as you may guess, the laptop heat is... like fire.
I checked with SpeedFan while running the game, and the temperature of the cores vary from 72 to 87. Is this a temperature that the i7-3630 can handle with ease or should I just stop playing games like Battlefield 3?
What are the recommended ( an okay ) temperatures for the cores, the HDD and the GPU while playing such games?
10 answers Last reply
More about recommended gaming temperature samsung laptop
  1. As long as the temp doesn't reach 99-105c then it is fine.
  2. darth pravus said:
    As long as the temp doesn't reach 99-105c then it is fine.

    Thanks! What about a recommended temperature for the GPU?
  3. Gpu's tend to be fine at 100 as well. They go even higher than the CPU.

    The 480's sometimes run at 90c normally
  4. darth pravus said:
    Gpu's tend to be fine at 100 as well. They go even higher than the CPU.

    The 480's sometimes run at 90c normally


    Thanks alot!
  5. Hm, have you considered getting a cooling paste for your GPU and CPU? trust me it does help a lot, or a cooling stand :) dont push your GPU to its limits :)
  6. bluhefner said:
    Hm, have you considered getting a cooling paste for your GPU and CPU? trust me it does help a lot, or a cooling stand :) dont push your GPU to its limits :)


    A good idea.
    Can you recommend some good cooling pastes?
  7. Depends on yoru choice, thermal paste is very cheap but i'm not really a fun of that :) i really recommend a cooling stand though :)
  8. bluhefner said:
    Depends on yoru choice, thermal paste is very cheap but i'm not really a fun of that :) i really recommend a cooling stand though :)


    Thanks alot, will get one soon!
  9. But if you are really serious about the thermal paste than have a look at arctic cooling or zelman's thermale paste, no problem :)
  10. MX4 is good stuff
Ask a new question

Read More

Temperature Laptops