Will radeon 2 bring down the cost of GF3?

G

What do you think is gonna happen with the prices after this release?

And what are your thoughts on Radeon2 prices?

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Usually when ever you have competition or direct competition it will drive prices down. I am looking forward to the Radeon2. See the images in the news section today here at THG dealing with the SMARTSHADER technology? AWESOME :)

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 07/19/01 05:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
DANG I HOPE SO! The question is, when is radeon2 comming??
It's almost as bad as saying DukeNukem2 is coming out soon =:cool:

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

G

Well we all wanna know that and people are saying september october...

If it comes out by then i might get it but i might also get Asus GF3 dlx for the 3d glasses...

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Well as for the slightly better Pixel Shaders of the Radeon2 compared to the GF3 is really mute. Who is going to use them in the next year if ever? Xbox games would probably use them eventually and when ported over to the very depressed PC side the GF3 and Radeon2 will be there. Bud has a good point, by the time you really need these enhanced features the price of the GF3 or Radeon2 will probably be in the low hundreds.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed