at the exact same price, which should I get???

G

Someone I know that repairs computers is willing to sell me an ATI Radeon 64MB DDR or a GeForce 2 Pro 64MBDDR(Both with tv out) for $125. I just dont know enough about them to decide. The only things I care about are playing games and watching DVDs with whichever I buy, so which would be the best for my taste? $%^!...I wish he wouldve just priced one higher so I'd know which to buy. Please help me out.

Pentium WHAT? It's not contagious is it?

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would probably snatch the Pro for games but for DVD's I would snatch the Radeon. It's more of a toss-up.

=
<font color=green><i>Will code HTML for food.</i></font color=green>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Bingo, buy both, test them out and then sell the one you don't want. Should be able to lower the price as in $200 for both. Otherwise I say get the GF2Pro or spend $25 more and get the RadeonSE brand new.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

G

If it was an Radeon SE (I doubt it, if he repairs machines) definitely that. But since you play games and watch DVD's, the Radeon would probably still be better because of the consensus that with DVD's, it looks way better, and you won't be giving up much FPS during games. Again, up to you. Drivers might be a problem with Radeon though (not with the machine, but with software DVD players). Or, pay $25 more and get Radeon SE brand new, and be fast as or faster than Geforce 2 Pro, with better 2D graphics.
deez