Geforce 2 GTS or Geforce 2 MX

G

I checked with a store what the price is on a Geforce 2 MX, i found a Creative Labs Geforce 2 mx with 32 mb ddr for 17$. Then i find a Creative Labs Geforce 2 GTS 32 mb DDR for same price! Now i just wonder if GTS will work with my board because i seems to have a power issue because my TNT2 ultra card freeze all the time in AGP2x. Will the GTS take more power then MX? And one more thing, if i use the manufactor drivers that have agp on 1x and play starcraft or Age of empires 2 and games like those pc freeze after a time, if i install nvidias drivers that put agp on 2x Starcraft and AoE2 work fine but all 3d programs or games freeze, if i put agp on 1x when having nvidias drivers installed the games freeze when i open them and agp is on 2x when pc started. Someone know why this happend? I have a P2 333 mhz on 66 mhz buss ( i know it suck but im poor) with 128 mb ram.

G

hi the g2 gts is alot better than the mx but there will not be much difference between thr mx and gts on your system but if they are the same price go for the gts

"Dont sh*t where you sleep"

G

Will the Geforce 2 take much more power then my TNT2 ultra in agp2x. And do it help if i take out a old winModem thats on a ISA place?

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
WinModem consumes processor’s power during work only.
Although a small program starts up along with the Window and runs to serve the WinModem.
It’s possible to close it or disable on Windows start-up.
ISA vs. PCI isn’t an issue for dial-up modems here, I think.