Changing user sharing limit in WinXP Pro

August 5, 2005 2:51:06 PM

Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
a shared document?
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:02:47 PM

No. You need to install a Server version of Windows,
such as Windows Server 2003.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/d...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Keith" wrote:

| Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
| a shared document?
August 5, 2005 5:02:48 PM

server wasn't an option for a few software updates on some training
laptops--so i had to make do with peer-to-peer. I figured XP was limited to
10 but was hoping I could get 12 at a time to share--oh well!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> No. You need to install a Server version of Windows,
> such as Windows Server 2003.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/d...
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Keith" wrote:
>
> | Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
> | a shared document?

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:20:50 PM

Keith wrote:
> Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
> a shared document?

Short of replacing WinXP with a Server OS, no.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm