Changing user sharing limit in WinXP Pro

Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
a shared document?
3 answers Last reply
More about changing user sharing limit winxp

    No. You need to install a Server version of Windows,
    such as Windows Server 2003.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/default.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Keith" wrote:

    | Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
    | a shared document?

    server wasn't an option for a few software updates on some training
    laptops--so i had to make do with peer-to-peer. I figured XP was limited to
    10 but was hoping I could get 12 at a time to share--oh well!

    Keith wrote:
    > Is there a way to expand the number of concurrent users beyond 10 in WinXP of
    > a shared document?

    Short of replacing WinXP with a Server OS, no.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm