Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows Security Center wont start

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 3:00:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

My windows security center will not start, it says "the security center is
currently unavailable because the Security Center service has not started or
was stopped. Please close this window, restart the computer (or start the
Security Center service) and then open the Security Center again.

I have tried this and it doesnt work. How can I switch it back on again?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 4:24:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to and double click Security Center |
Set to Automatic | Click Apply | Click the Start button |

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5A32B464-A6D9-4F73-900F-2962512AC933@microsoft.com,
EdenSeaview <EdenSeaview@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> My windows security center will not start, it says "the security center is
> currently unavailable because the Security Center service has not started
> or was stopped. Please close this window, restart the computer (or start
> the Security Center service) and then open the Security Center again.
>
> I have tried this and it doesnt work. How can I switch it back on again?
>
> Thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 4:24:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

That's great, thanks a lot! 100% up and running.



"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
> Scroll down to and double click Security Center |
> Set to Automatic | Click Apply | Click the Start button |
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:5A32B464-A6D9-4F73-900F-2962512AC933@microsoft.com,
> EdenSeaview <EdenSeaview@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > My windows security center will not start, it says "the security center is
> > currently unavailable because the Security Center service has not started
> > or was stopped. Please close this window, restart the computer (or start
> > the Security Center service) and then open the Security Center again.
> >
> > I have tried this and it doesnt work. How can I switch it back on again?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 5:37:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6EEAB077-6AA0-48C0-A960-C5FEA01C1AAF@microsoft.com,
EdenSeaview <EdenSeaview@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> That's great, thanks a lot! 100% up and running.
>
>
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
>> Scroll down to and double click Security Center |
>> Set to Automatic | Click Apply | Click the Start button |
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:5A32B464-A6D9-4F73-900F-2962512AC933@microsoft.com,
>> EdenSeaview <EdenSeaview@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> My windows security center will not start, it says "the security center
>>> is currently unavailable because the Security Center service has not
>>> started or was stopped. Please close this window, restart the computer
>>> (or start the Security Center service) and then open the Security
>>> Center again.
>>>
>>> I have tried this and it doesnt work. How can I switch it back on
>>> again?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
!