Windows is not opening

I have another laptop which is a Dell Latitude D620, OS is Windows XP Sp3, I deleted the display driver in it because of a color distortion in graphics display. I also disabled the driver that says VGA compatible. When I re-started the laptop, the windows xp logo comes on but it will not open windows, all I got is blank screen. I tried all kinds of access like safe mode, vga mode and everything that is in there when I hit F8 but it is the same.....the windows not opening at all, I also tried the install cd but it is the same, help! Is there any fix to this problem? :sweat:
5 answers Last reply
More about windows opening
  1. delete your hard drive with any program you want :) also what you can do is format it and install ubuntu :) with deleted hard drive install windows 7 on it :)
  2. bluhefner said:
    delete your hard drive with any program you want :) also what you can do is format it and install ubuntu :) with deleted hard drive install windows 7 on it :)

I still need to open the windows before I could go to formatting or deleting the drive, It is not going anywhere and I can not re-install the system with anything.
  3. 1st I'd go into the BIOS and restore all defaults, save and exit.

2nd I'd try using a Genuine Windows Disk (not the Dell Rescue CD) to "repair" the OS.
  4. JackNaylorPE said:
    1st I'd go into the BIOS and restore all defaults, save and exit.

2nd I'd try using a Genuine Windows Disk (not the Dell Rescue CD) to "repair" the OS.

sounds like a good advice but how can I go to the BIOS? I hit F2 to go to set up and it looks like everything in there is default. I do not have a rescue CD....only the Windows XP installation CD and even that it won't go.
  5. Ok, if you have enough space make it dual boot, that way you will be able to access your details :) np
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows XP Displays