Sign in with
Your question

Windows is not opening

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 30, 2013 7:54:39 PM

I have another laptop which is a Dell Latitude D620, OS is Windows XP Sp3, I deleted the display driver in it because of a color distortion in graphics display. I also disabled the driver that says VGA compatible. When I re-started the laptop, the windows xp logo comes on but it will not open windows, all I got is blank screen. I tried all kinds of access like safe mode, vga mode and everything that is in there when I hit F8 but it is the same.....the windows not opening at all, I also tried the install cd but it is the same, help! Is there any fix to this problem? :sweat: 

More about : windows opening

January 30, 2013 9:06:25 PM

delete your hard drive with any program you want :)  also what you can do is format it and install ubuntu :)  with deleted hard drive install windows 7 on it :) 
January 31, 2013 4:18:36 PM

bluhefner said:
delete your hard drive with any program you want :)  also what you can do is format it and install ubuntu :)  with deleted hard drive install windows 7 on it :) 

I still need to open the windows before I could go to formatting or deleting the drive, It is not going anywhere and I can not re-install the system with anything.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 31, 2013 4:24:03 PM

1st I'd go into the BIOS and restore all defaults, save and exit.

2nd I'd try using a Genuine Windows Disk (not the Dell Rescue CD) to "repair" the OS.

January 31, 2013 4:44:19 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
1st I'd go into the BIOS and restore all defaults, save and exit.

2nd I'd try using a Genuine Windows Disk (not the Dell Rescue CD) to "repair" the OS.

sounds like a good advice but how can I go to the BIOS? I hit F2 to go to set up and it looks like everything in there is default. I do not have a rescue CD....only the Windows XP installation CD and even that it won't go.
February 1, 2013 7:56:35 AM

Ok, if you have enough space make it dual boot, that way you will be able to access your details :)  np
!