Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to totally delete Skype from Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 17, 2010 6:14:25 AM

Hello,
How do I totally uninstall Skype from Windows 7. For some reason I now have two Skype names and I downloaded (by mistake) all of the contacts in my Outlook address book. Every time I uninstall Skype and then down load again I end up with the same problem and I can't add new contacts because I am told they are allready in my contacts list. Can anyone list the steps to delete EVERY reference to Skype. I am using W7 on a HP 600-1170a machine.

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2010 6:28:14 AM

82Devon said:
Hello,
How do I totally uninstall Skype from Windows 7. For some reason I now have two Skype names and I downloaded (by mistake) all of the contacts in my Outlook address book. Every time I uninstall Skype and then down load again I end up with the same problem and I can't add new contacts because I am told they are allready in my contacts list. Can anyone list the steps to delete EVERY reference to Skype. I am using W7 on a HP 600-1170a machine.


[#0005ff]First, uninstall Skype again then have a look in C:\Users>{yourname}>AppData for any Skype folders which might be clinging on to settings you want to bin. Also, hit Windows key and R together then type regedit into the Open box an dhit Enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Skype and delete the entire key then click Edit and Find, type in Skype and delete any further references you find by hitting Function 3 to find the next one every time. Leave the Registry by the File menu Exit and restart the computer twice. That shold do it.[/#000ff]
Share
July 27, 2010 12:00:11 AM

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]First, uninstall Skype again then have a look in C:\Users>{yourname}>AppData for any Skype folders which might be clinging on to settings you want to bin. Also, hit Windows key and R together then type regedit into the Open box an dhit Enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Skype and delete the entire key then click Edit and Find, type in Skype and delete any further references you find by hitting Function 3 to find the next one every time. Leave the Registry by the File menu Exit and restart the computer twice. That shold do it.[/#000ff]


Hi Saga Lout - Thanks for that. It all makes sense to me. - Cheers - Devon82.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 27, 2010 12:01:36 AM

Best answer selected by 82Devon.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 27, 2010 2:30:20 AM

82Devon said:
Hi Saga Lout - Thanks for that. It all makes sense to me. - Cheers - Devon82.




You're very welcome. :D 

m
0
l
!