ASUS V7700 TV-out

G

Cannot make the card working with my TV and VCR.
Anybody else have this problem?
Could someone please give me advise.

Thanks!
Peter

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
hey, you have to have the asus properties running in your task bar. then you select tv rather than vga. if that is already doen and there is no luck then check to make sure you plugged in the correct cables where they need to go.

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

G

I finally got the TV-out working and a picture on my
TV, but it is in black and white.

Anybody know what to do now?

Best regards,
Peter

G

If you are playing a DVD on your PC and plug the TV-Out in your VCR, there is something called Macrovision Copy Protection that distorts the video signal in such a way that it will look fine on a TV, but your VCR gets all confused by it and the movie will flicker, change brightness and colors all the time and won't be viewable.
That's something i encountered with my ASUS V7100 with tv out.

Also make sure you use a video cable, which is better quality than audio cable and is shielded. But that will only improve picture quality. The black and white thing sounds strange to me.

Perhaps you should try other drivers? I personally think that the ASUS drivers work best for the TV-Out. I had somne problems with the NVidia Detonator drivers and the so called Twinview. I only swith between Monitor and TV, i don't use them at the same time.

If you still have a black and white picture on your tv, then maybe there is something wrong with the TV-Out chip? I hope not, but [-peep-] happens.

good luck!

G

Could it be a problem with scart connections on my TV and VCR being to old and not supporting S-VHS connection?
Could I perhaps remedy this by using the other connection?

Do you know?

Thanks all for the advice!

Best regards,
Peter

G

Your scart connector needs all the 21 pins.

i haven't tried the s-vhs output and i don't know if s-vhs is supperted by scart cables. But i guess it does since you have a cable for it.. :)

Perhaps you should try the other connector if it isn't too much trouble. Most scart equipped devices support the 'normal' video channel, so that should work.

G

I finally got it working allright.
I used the composite (RCA) connector and now have
a good picture with colors.

Thanks for all the help.

For you all out there who need a helping hand with
these kinds of problems I found this site today.
It is quite good.

www.inmatrix.com