Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Compare lenovo vs hp vs dell vs sony

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 31, 2013 7:16:45 AM

Hello, I'm going to buy a laptop but confused which one to buy. This would be 1st. The following specs. that I require: i3/i5 (III edition), 15.6" screen, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD, 1gb Dedicated Graphix, budget not more than 37-38. I'm at Kolkata, India. Plz suggest between Dell, Lenovo, HP & Vaio.

Best solution

a b D Laptop
January 31, 2013 10:47:06 PM

As someone who works on laptops daily, I'd say Lenovo. They are a subsidiary of IBM who has been making computers since the beginning. I have bins full of dead HPs, Sonys, Gateways, Acers, but Lenovo failures are rare in my shop (only ones I've had issues with are the G500 Series with bad video). I have some some dead IBMs too, but they're OLD PIII/P4's.
a b D Laptop
January 31, 2013 10:50:07 PM

Lenovo is way at the top - then HP somewhere in the middle, and Dell and Vaio are in the bottom.
Score
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 31, 2013 10:52:42 PM

ratedk said:
I have bins full of dead HPs, Sonys, Gateways, Acers, but Lenovo failures are rare in my shop (only ones I've had issues with are the G500 Series with bad video).

DarkSable said:
Lenovo is way at the top - then HP somewhere in the middle, and Dell and Vaio are in the bottom.

Brand name is nothing more than a sticker. Neither IBM or Lenovo actually "make" a laptop. And they buy them from the same ODM's as HP, Sony, Dell, Gateway, Acer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_...

Quote:
The vast majority of laptops on the market (94% in 2011) are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China. Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
Score
a b α HP
a c 248 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 6:18:51 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a b α HP
a c 248 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 6:18:57 PM

Hi :) 

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
!