Closed

FS:wiring harness for Asteroids

I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
control panel.
55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
Rich
10 answers Last reply
More about wiring harness asteroids

    It does now. :)
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    As long as the connections both require are in the ball park it can be
    done - the important thing to look at in this case is if the voltages
    that both boards use are the same - they don't have to be in the same
    slot on both harnesses because you can jumper whatever connection to
    whatever position in your converter loom. Both are B&W XY. The
    Asteroids harness has (should have) more control panel connections
    available in the harness vs. LL which is good (if it were reversed, you
    would have to add wiring to a Luner Lander harness to run all of the
    control panel buttons that Asteroids needs - not hard, but an added
    step).

    Tempest and Space Duel are worlds apart not to mention that Tempest
    uses a vertical monitor and SD uses horizontal but that's not an issue
    because these things were rectified in the converter loom. Not really
    any different than making an adapter to make a non JAMMA board run in a
    JAMMA cabinet. Different voltages and connections but same principle.

    Steve P.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

[...]

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
    may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
    differences in the two harnesses.

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
    >control panel.
    >55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
    >Rich

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.

    --
    -Steve P.

    All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

    "Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
    > may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
    > differences in the two harnesses.
    >
    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
    >>control panel.
    >>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
    >>Rich

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I've got em. Taking a look...

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
    <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
    >

    >--
    >-Steve P.
    >
    >All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
    >
    >"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
    >> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
    >> differences in the two harnesses.
    >>
    >> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
    >>>control panel.
    >>>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
    >>>Rich

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Yea they're different alright.

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
    <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
    >

    >--
    >-Steve P.
    >
    >All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
    >
    >"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
    >> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
    >> differences in the two harnesses.
    >>
    >> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
    >>>control panel.
    >>>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
    >>>Rich

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    If they utilize the same basic pinouts - especially the voltages, you could
    make an adapter loom to go between the Asteroids harness and the Luner
    Lander PCB.

    I am running Tempest in a Space Duel in this way - here's pics of my Tempest
    boards in a spare SD harness on my bench..

    http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring.jpg
    http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring2.jpg

    --

    > Yea they're different alright.
    >
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
    > <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
    >>

    >>--
    >>-Steve P.
    >>
    >>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
    >>
    >>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
    >>> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
    >>> differences in the two harnesses.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    At least the way your proposing doesn't hack up an original harness.
    Yes they're basically the same, I'm thinking we both looked over them
    and compared so you know where I'm coming from when I say that there's
    a few areas of difference. Looks like mainly control areas with a
    dash of audio as well, coinage I think was different as well.
    I may just have to do what your proposing as I don't think there's
    many LL harness's around. But that 'loom' (good term) has a mass of
    wires.
    Thanks for not hacking a good original harness and for a great idea.

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:30:04 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
    <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >If they utilize the same basic pinouts - especially the voltages, you could
    >make an adapter loom to go between the Asteroids harness and the Luner
    >Lander PCB.
    >
    >I am running Tempest in a Space Duel in this way - here's pics of my Tempest
    >boards in a spare SD harness on my bench..
    >
    >http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring.jpg
    >http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring2.jpg
    >

    >--
    >-Steve P.
    >
    >All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
    >
    >"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Yea they're different alright.
    >>
    >> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
    >> <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>-Steve P.
    >>>
    >>>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
    >>>
    >>>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    good... makes me feel better :)

    "Steve P." <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > It does now. :)

Classifieds Control Panel Games Video Hot Deals