FS:wiring harness for Asteroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
control panel.
55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
Rich

As long as the connections both require are in the ball park it can be
done - the important thing to look at in this case is if the voltages
that both boards use are the same - they don't have to be in the same
slot on both harnesses because you can jumper whatever connection to
whatever position in your converter loom. Both are B&W XY. The
Asteroids harness has (should have) more control panel connections
available in the harness vs. LL which is good (if it were reversed, you
would have to add wiring to a Luner Lander harness to run all of the
control panel buttons that Asteroids needs - not hard, but an added
step).

Tempest and Space Duel are worlds apart not to mention that Tempest
uses a vertical monitor and SD uses horizontal but that's not an issue
because these things were rectified in the converter loom. Not really
any different than making an adapter to make a non JAMMA board run in a
JAMMA cabinet. Different voltages and connections but same principle.

Steve P.

[...]

Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
differences in the two harnesses.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
>control panel.
>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
>Rich

Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
> differences in the two harnesses.
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
>>control panel.
>>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
>>Rich

I've got em. Taking a look...

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
<stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
>

>--
>-Steve P.
>
>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
>> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
>> differences in the two harnesses.
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
>>>control panel.
>>>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
>>>Rich

Yea they're different alright.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
<stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
>

>--
>-Steve P.
>
>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
>> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
>> differences in the two harnesses.
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:35:16 GMT, <galagaman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I just gutted an Asteroids..I have the wiring harness and wiring to the
>>>control panel.
>>>55.00 shipped..Too much make offer.
>>>Rich

If they utilize the same basic pinouts - especially the voltages, you could
make an adapter loom to go between the Asteroids harness and the Luner
Lander PCB.

I am running Tempest in a Space Duel in this way - here's pics of my Tempest
boards in a spare SD harness on my bench..

http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring2.jpg

--

> Yea they're different alright.
>
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
> <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
>>

>>--
>>-Steve P.
>>
>>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>>
>>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Any harness Guru's out there know if a wiring harness for Asteroids
>>> may also work with Lunar Lander? Just curious if there were any
>>> differences in the two harnesses.

At least the way your proposing doesn't hack up an original harness.
Yes they're basically the same, I'm thinking we both looked over them
and compared so you know where I'm coming from when I say that there's
a few areas of difference. Looks like mainly control areas with a
dash of audio as well, coinage I think was different as well.
I may just have to do what your proposing as I don't think there's
many LL harness's around. But that 'loom' (good term) has a mass of
wires.
Thanks for not hacking a good original harness and for a great idea.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:30:04 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
<stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

>If they utilize the same basic pinouts - especially the voltages, you could
>make an adapter loom to go between the Asteroids harness and the Luner
>Lander PCB.
>
>I am running Tempest in a Space Duel in this way - here's pics of my Tempest
>boards in a spare SD harness on my bench..
>
>http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring.jpg
>http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/tempest-wiring2.jpg
>

>--
>-Steve P.
>
>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yea they're different alright.
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
>> <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Download the manuals and compare the pinouts.
>>>

>>>--
>>>-Steve P.
>>>
>>>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>>>
>>>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

good... makes me feel better :)