PCI video card?

G

Do not tell me to get an AGP enabled motherboard, all right? I do not want to. I want to stick to my PCI board.

What I need to know, is "the best" PCI based video card out there. My current video card is an SiS 530 8mb on board, which SiS hasn't upgraded drivers for since DX7.

I have 448mb of SDRAM at 100mhz. A 500mhz AMD K6-2 3dNOW! and MMX processor. ESS Solo on board video card, and am capable of using Win98 or ME, whichever would work better with said video card.

Any help would be appreciated, from people who know and aren't just saying what they *think* I should get.

G

Why would you not want an AGP? The bandwidth on an AGP kicks any PCI in the nuts!

Please do not pee in the gene pool!

G

i just finished testing a Radeon 32 pci card, and was actually impressed. i got 51 FPS on the quake III timedemo at 1024 X 768 and 16 bit color. not bad for pci......i would go that route if i had to.

ignore everything i say

G

Now do you people see why I need help. I get an idiot saying "get an agp" when I *specifically* said that in advance, it wasn't an option.

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
This week, my son bought a Visiontek 8MB TNT2 PCI card from Frys for $19. Its really not bad at all, and the price is even better!