I'm looking for a new laptop for a weird combination of running both PSP and TS3. I'm still based in Poland till 05.02 and then moving off to the UK ... I've been looking at the HP Envy collection as well as the Lenovo Y580 as I worked with one of the ThinkPads Series T at work and was pretty ok, even though it had low specs. I know more or less what I want, but can't really decide, and thought some more options or comments would help Open for any suggestions.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
HD / Matt screen
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter thaaat much as it'd be mostly plugged in anyway.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
The Sims 3 - Medium to High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop CS 6
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No specifics, thought about HP, Apple, Lenovo ... am not really brand bound.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
As stated earlier, I'm not really brand bound. Am open for ideas.
13. What country do you live in?
PL, moving to the UK/Cornwall next week
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.