Will Asus U47A-RS51 run Diablo 3 and Path of Exile?

Hello,

I am looking for a new laptop to do some light gaming on as well as everyday use. The only games I plan on spending much time on are D3 and Path of Exile.

My first option is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230648

And another: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158138

The obvious perks of the first one is the low price. I know the second choice is a better, faster, more powerful laptop, but if I can save $200 and still get a decent laptop I would like to.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about will asus u47a rs51 diablo path exile
  1. I know D3 will not run well enough in integrated graphics... will get like 10 fps.

    As for the other one, it will be better but you will have to lower some of the settings. I'll see if i can find you anything better ~$700.

    Hmm here is one that will run the games well but its $750
    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=457&Code=2093B3U&category_id=C7563337D3E07CC4B84607F2E57AE7FD
  2. Here is a decent one in your budget.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009JXK1WQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=gamlaphom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009JXK1WQ

    It will run the games better than the $700 computer you have listed and only costs $550.
  3. Derza10 said:
    I know D3 will not run well enough in integrated graphics... will get like 10 fps.

    As for the other one, it will be better but you will have to lower some of the settings. I'll see if i can find you anything better ~$700.

    Hmm here is one that will run the games well but its $750
    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=457&Code=2093B3U&category_id=C7563337D3E07CC4B84607F2E57AE7FD



    Thanks derza10! I think I am going to go with the lenovo. Your advice was greatly appreciated!
  4. fuitninja said:
    Thanks derza10! I think I am going to go with the lenovo. Your advice was greatly appreciated!


    Not a bad laptop. I like Lenovo.

    You may wish to get a Desktop monitor when your budget permits. Laptop screens are horrible for gaming (poor viewing angle).

    You would use the HDMI output from the laptop (HDMI->DVI recommended). For AUDIO, you can just use desktop speakers and use the headphone jack output (will automatically MUTE the onboard sound when the cable's attached).

    *At the very least, I recommend getting some inexpensive desktop speakers. Even some $30 speakers will be a huge improvement.
  5. photonboy said:
    Not a bad laptop. I like Lenovo.

    You may wish to get a Desktop monitor when your budget permits. Laptop screens are horrible for gaming (poor viewing angle).

    You would use the HDMI output from the laptop (HDMI->DVI recommended). For AUDIO, you can just use desktop speakers and use the headphone jack output (will automatically MUTE the onboard sound when the cable's attached).

    *At the very least, I recommend getting some inexpensive desktop speakers. Even some $30 speakers will be a huge improvement.



    Also good advice photonboy, thanks! I have a few plans that hinge on how much money I have, and a monitor and speakers are definitely up there.
  6. fuitninja said:
    Thanks derza10! I think I am going to go with the lenovo. Your advice was greatly appreciated!


    NP, glad I could help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Asus Diablo Product