When will Dell get real English speaking service support?

I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.

When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
Dell has a problem.

Jim
40 answers Last reply
More about when dell real english speaking service support

    jim duron wrote:
    > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
    > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
    > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
    > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
    > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >
    > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
    > Dell has a problem.
    >
    > Jim

    Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
    of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
    meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
    continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
    the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
    tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
    premium money for premium services.

    A better question is: "When will trolls finally grow up and get on with
    their lives?"

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    e-mail
    > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    base,
    > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    and
    > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >
    > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    way
    > Dell has a problem.
    >
    > Jim

    "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    e-mail
    > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    base,
    > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    and
    > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >
    > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    way
    > Dell has a problem.
    >
    > Jim

    This is all your fault. You should have selected the support option on page
    3 includes "native english speaking tech reps that you can understand and
    have seen a computer before".

    Seriously though, you should call and speak to somebody in customer service
    and tell them you have reason to believe somebody is perpetrating a fraud on
    Dell and they are using your email. That might get you to next higher level
    that hopefully speaks english as a first language.

    BTW did you call the person that ordered them since you had his phone
    number?

    Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
    grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do is
    simply request a native English speaking customer service representative. I
    know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India to
    turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one likes
    it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with a
    native English speaker. No problem.

    "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    e-mail
    > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    base,
    > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    and
    > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >
    > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    way
    > Dell has a problem.
    >
    > Jim

    I guess this makes me a troll too then :o I've had two non-English speaking
    Dell reps call to ask me how happy I was with recent conversations with
    Dell. Both times I let them know that it was quite frustrating because of
    the language barrier (I was trying to be nice).
    Monica
    >A better question is: "When will trolls finally grow up and get on with
    > their lives?"

    When Dell Home PC sales number tank.
    In other words, don't hold your breath.

    "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

    > jim duron wrote:
    >> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    >> e-mail and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there
    >> data base, well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly
    >> spoke English and after my second attempt finally got this guy to
    >> understand I was receiving someone else's e-mail and their order info and
    >> address phone ect. I asked them if they would notify the other person and
    >> fix the Problem but it was to hard to understand customer service reps
    >> reply so I gave up.
    >>
    >> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    >> way Dell has a problem.
    >>
    >> Jim
    >

    > Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
    > of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
    > meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
    > continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
    > the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
    > tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
    > premium money for premium services.

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
    <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
    >and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
    >well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
    >after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    >someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    >them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
    >hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >
    >When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
    >Dell has a problem.
    >
    >Jim

    The reason they don't go back to English speaking support , is because
    they don't get many complaints about their support. The reason they
    don't get many complaints, is that they will only send the survey
    emails to customers that they helped right off the bat. I have called
    them many times in the last 1.4 years, and when they cannot figure out
    what my problem is on the phone, I never get a customer survey email..
    I have even had supervisors jump in at the end of a call, where I got
    no help at all, and asked my what I thought of the support technician.
    I would tell them that I could barely understand what the tech was
    saying, and they always apologize and say that they will be emailing
    me an evaluation form. I never, ever, get the form.....

    Bob

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
    >grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do is
    >simply request a native English speaking customer service representative. I
    >know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India to
    >turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one likes
    >it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with a
    >native English speaker. No problem.

    Kevin,

    I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
    them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
    success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
    United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
    Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
    I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
    immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
    However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
    getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
    This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
    customer, I cannot get US tech support.

    Bob

    >"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    >e-mail
    >> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    >base,
    >> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    >and
    >> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    >> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    >> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    >> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >>
    >> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    >way
    >> Dell has a problem.
    >>
    >> Jim

    Capt Bob,

    That is a shame. I don't know what the problem could be. When I call the
    Dell Technical Support line and I get the call center in India, I simply ask
    to be transferred back to a US based call center. I have never had a
    problem. I also call the sales line and have them connect me to someone in
    the US, usually in Texas, if I'm getting a real run-around. I have even had
    a technician actually call me back on another line to help me with a
    problem. Be thankful you are not dealing with HP or Compaq. Don't even get
    me started on that one! < ; )

    "Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
    > >grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do
    is
    > >simply request a native English speaking customer service representative.
    > >know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India
    > >turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one
    likes
    > >it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with
    > >native English speaker. No problem.
    >

    > Kevin,
    >
    > I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
    > them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
    > success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
    > United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
    > Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
    > I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
    > immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
    > However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
    > getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
    > This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
    > customer, I cannot get US tech support.
    >
    > Bob

    > >"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    > >e-mail
    > >> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    > >base,
    > >> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke
    English
    > >and
    > >> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
    receiving
    > >> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I
    asked
    > >> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it
    was
    > >> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    > >>
    > >> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > >> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he
    is
    > >> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good
    either
    > >way
    > >> Dell has a problem.
    > >>
    > >> Jim

    I'm a troll becuase I exspect quality service?
    Who needs to grow up?

    "joey travalinni" <jttravalinni@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    > e-mail
    >> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    > base,
    >> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    > and
    >> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
    >> receiving
    >> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    >> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    >> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >>
    >> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    > way
    >> Dell has a problem.
    >>
    >> Jim
    >
    > This is all your fault. You should have selected the support option on
    > page
    > 3 includes "native english speaking tech reps that you can understand and
    > have seen a computer before".
    >
    > Seriously though, you should call and speak to somebody in customer
    > service
    > and tell them you have reason to believe somebody is perpetrating a fraud
    > on
    > Dell and they are using your email. That might get you to next higher
    > level
    > that hopefully speaks english as a first language.
    >
    > BTW did you call the person that ordered them since you had his phone
    > number?

    not yet but I will.

    Jim

    How sad is that? If your a every day joe spending your hard earned dollar
    who cares. But if your a big corporate dirt bag well that's different.
    Dell is giving Wal-Mart Service with Macys prices.

    Jim

    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
    > <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    >>e-mail
    >>and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    >>base,
    >>well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    >>and
    >>after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    >>someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    >>them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
    >>hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    >>
    >>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    >>way
    >>Dell has a problem.
    >>
    >>Jim
    >>

    > The reason they don't go back to English speaking support , is because
    > they don't get many complaints about their support. The reason they
    > don't get many complaints, is that they will only send the survey
    > emails to customers that they helped right off the bat. I have called
    > them many times in the last 1.4 years, and when they cannot figure out
    > what my problem is on the phone, I never get a customer survey email..
    > I have even had supervisors jump in at the end of a call, where I got
    > no help at all, and asked my what I thought of the support technician.
    > I would tell them that I could barely understand what the tech was
    > saying, and they always apologize and say that they will be emailing
    > me an evaluation form. I never, ever, get the form.....
    >
    > Bob

    I had the samething happen to me. I finally understood the Service Tech. but
    only after asking her to repeat what she was saying. I understood every
    other word or so of what she was saying.

    Jim

    The IRS?

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:48:24 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Capt Bob,
    >
    >That is a shame. I don't know what the problem could be. When I call the
    >Dell Technical Support line and I get the call center in India, I simply ask
    >to be transferred back to a US based call center. I have never had a
    >problem. I also call the sales line and have them connect me to someone in
    >the US, usually in Texas, if I'm getting a real run-around. I have even had
    >a technician actually call me back on another line to help me with a
    >problem. Be thankful you are not dealing with HP or Compaq. Don't even get
    >me started on that one! < ; )

    I tried every suggestion you have just made multiple times, and it
    never worked. This is dealing with 2 different PC's over the span of
    a year. I have a coworker that went though the same thing with his
    new 8400 and it still is not working correctly. He finally just gave
    up and is using it as is, cause he doesn't have the time to fight with
    them on the phone.

    Bob

    >"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
    >> >grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do
    >is
    >> >simply request a native English speaking customer service representative.
    >> >know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India
    >> >turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one
    >likes
    >> >it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with
    >> >native English speaker. No problem.
    >>

    >> Kevin,
    >>
    >> I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
    >> them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
    >> success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
    >> United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
    >> Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
    >> I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
    >> immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
    >> However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
    >> getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
    >> This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
    >> customer, I cannot get US tech support.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >> >"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> >e-mail
    >> >base,
    >English
    >> >and
    >receiving
    >asked
    >was

    >is
    >either
    >> >way

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
    <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:

    >The IRS?
    >
    >"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
    >
    >> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
    >> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans

    Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
    least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.

    Bob

    "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

    > jim duron wrote:
    > > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
    e-mail
    > > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
    base,
    > > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
    and
    > > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
    receiving
    > > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I
    asked
    > > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it
    was to
    > > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
    > >
    > > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    > > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    > > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
    way
    > > Dell has a problem.
    > >
    > > Jim
    >

    > Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
    > of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
    > meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
    > continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
    > the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
    > tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
    > premium money for premium services.

    Ah, you've got it half right. In the US, business sold the government
    on the idea that there was a tech shortage and so the upped the H1B visa
    quote by 300%. That brought in cut rate (but still very qualified) techs.
    Business saw a savings, they still do and the H1B quota is still inflated
    even with many US techs out of work. Business likes the savings they can
    get when they can use the visa and/or green cards of their employees as a
    bargaining chip to get them to work cheaper. Mean while some genius cam up
    with the thought that why should they bother importing talent when they can
    use the web to hire these guys in their home country and pay them even less.
    And there you have it, more or less in a nut shell. Some companies have had
    a financial back lash, but only noticeable from their corporate customers
    and so they get special consideration via a separate US based support
    system.

    KC

    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
    > <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:
    >
    > >The IRS?
    > >
    > >"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
    > >> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans
    > >

    > Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
    > least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.
    >
    > Bob

    Also many state agencies have outsourced there too.

    Please not they have also had their first fully documented case of said
    outsource workers using their access to personal information for criminal
    purposes. I believe it was Citibank. that they used personal info to scam
    out of a hefty bit of change.

    KC

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, in
    <ruKle.8884$uR4.3269@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "jim
    duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
    >and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
    >well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
    >after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
    >someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
    >them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
    >hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.

    Go to the Dell web site and punch your email address into the
    login and indicate that you've lost your password. They will
    email it to you within minutes. Immediately go back to the Dell
    site, log in, and change the password and then cancel the orders
    if they are still outstanding. Change other contact info if the
    mood strikes you to do so.

    Been there, done that. This problem is more common than many may
    think. It's about time Dell implemented a system that requires
    email address confirmation before entering it into their
    database.

    I have one better the pentagon is considering outsourcing some military
    paper work (dat to day opeprations on bases) over seas too.

    "Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
    > <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The IRS?
    >>
    >>"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
    >>> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans
    >>

    > Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
    > least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.
    >
    > Bob

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
    <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

    [ . . .]

    >When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
    >Dell has a problem.
    >
    >Jim

    Time to refresh everyone's memory of a post a while back by a
    gentleman who signed it as "Frank,"

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:12:06 -0500, Bill <bgross@nospan.airmail.net>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
    ><jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >[ . . .]
    >>
    >>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
    >>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
    >>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
    >>Dell has a problem.
    >>
    >>Jim
    >>

    >Time to refresh everyone's memory of a post a while back by a
    >gentleman who signed it as "Frank,"
    >

    >> I love my new (first) Dell & their support (for Gen3), but I still
    >>had to laugh at this link a friend emailed me...
    >>
    >>http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

    Funny part is that it's pretty typical.....

    Bob

    Kevin Childers wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
    > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
    > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
    > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
    > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
    > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
    > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
    > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
    > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
    > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
    > were given them.

    I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!

    Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
    billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
    or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
    etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
    about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
    funded) raise.

    Notan

    Kevin Childers wrote:

    > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
    > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
    > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
    > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
    > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
    > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
    > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
    > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
    > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
    > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
    > were given them.

    We live in a competitive global business environment which has an
    economic leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained
    society excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc.
    are eating our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that
    the quality is equal or better. Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
    just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is
    getting squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of
    the world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
    current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
    elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with
    the rest of the world - improve our public education and clamp down on
    corporate/governmental corruption.

    If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
    other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.

    Notan wrote:

    > I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
    >
    > Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
    > billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
    > or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
    > etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
    > about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
    > funded) raise.

    How much is your representative worth? Compared with corporate
    executives' compensation, they're UNDERPAID. The problem is not with
    their compensation but with their job performance.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > Kevin Childers wrote:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will
    always
    > > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just
    trying to
    > > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed
    for
    > > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government
    takes
    > > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    > > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I
    just
    > > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of
    the
    > > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats
    or
    > > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term)
    and
    > > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again
    renewed
    > > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs,
    they
    > > were given them.
    >
    > I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
    >
    > Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
    > billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
    > or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
    > etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
    > about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
    > funded) raise.
    >
    > Notan

    I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
    forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered, they
    can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
    income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
    officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
    from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
    greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's rules
    of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have to
    go out and get more.

    KC
  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Kevin Childers wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
    > forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered, they
    > can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
    > income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
    > officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
    > from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
    > greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's rules
    > of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have to
    > go out and get more.

    I've always been fond of the "pay by performance" concept.

    Notan
  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in

    > I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
    > forces pay scale.
    >
    > KC

    Then we'd end up with congressmen and federal department officials paying
    themselves like Enron/Worldcom/Tyco executives...and giving us about the
    same level of performance.

    - FM -
  29. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in
    >>
    >> I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
    >> forces pay scale.
    >>
    >> KC
    >>

    > Then we'd end up with congressmen and federal department officials paying
    > themselves like Enron/Worldcom/Tyco executives...and giving us about the
    > same level of performance.
    I think that is what we are getting from them now.

    JD
  30. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:35:29 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

    >Kevin Childers wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
    >> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
    >> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
    >> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
    >> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    >> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
    >> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
    >> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
    >> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
    >> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
    >> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
    >> were given them.
    >
    >I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
    >
    >Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
    >billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
    >or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
    >etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
    >about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
    >funded) raise.
    >
    >Notan

    Hey, Congress is worrying about the important issues like the
    Millionaire Baseball players that are taking steroids.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > We live in a competitive global business environment which has an economic
    > leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained society
    > excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc. are eating
    > our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that the quality
    > is equal or better.

    The service that India provides is not Better. China is a Communist
    represive country.
    Strike one

    Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
    > just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is getting
    > squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of the
    > world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
    > current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
    > elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with the
    > rest of the world -

    People are elected because of money generated for campaigns and pushing so
    called morale issues for certain lobbyist. Corporations give large amounts
    of money towards pol. who will push their agenda, outsourcing.

    improve our public education and clamp down on
    > corporate/governmental corruption.
    >
    > If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
    > other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:39:07 -0700, Lenny Bruce <spam@devnul.com>
    wrote:

    >Kevin Childers wrote:
    >>>
    >> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
    >> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
    >> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
    >> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
    >> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    >> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
    >> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
    >> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
    >> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
    >> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
    >> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
    >> were given them.
    >
    >We live in a competitive global business environment which has an
    >economic leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained
    >society excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc.
    >are eating our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that
    >the quality is equal or better. Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
    >just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is
    >getting squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of
    >the world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
    >current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
    >elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with
    >the rest of the world - improve our public education and clamp down on
    >corporate/governmental corruption.
    >
    >If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
    >other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.

    I guess that means that we are going to have to learn to live on $5 a
    day, which is what many Chinese are paid. Let's see, how long would
    it take to save up for a PC, at that rate of pay?

    Bob
  33. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in message
    > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
    > > Kevin Childers wrote:
    > > >
    > > > <snip>
    > > >
    > > > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will
    > always
    > > > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just
    > trying to
    > > > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed
    > for
    > > > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government
    > takes
    > > > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
    > > > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I
    > just
    > > > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of
    > the
    > > > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats
    > or
    > > > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st
    Term)
    > and
    > > > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again
    > renewed
    > > > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs,
    > they
    > > > were given them.
    > >
    > > I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
    > >
    > > Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
    > > billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
    > > or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
    > > etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
    > > about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
    > > funded) raise.
    > >
    > > Notan
    >
    > I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
    > forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered,
    they
    > can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
    > income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
    > officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
    > from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
    > greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's
    rules
    > of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have
    > go out and get more.
    >
    > KC

    Do you have ANY idea who your "law makers" and "representatives" are? Damn
    near ALL of them are multimillionaire LAWYERS that have learned how to use
    the law to screw people and get away with it. They are no more and no less
    than professional thieves IMO. They know NOTHING of the world the average
    person lives in and quite frankly CARE NOTHING about that world. They have
    theirs, and they and the people they get their money from don't care how
    many people get put out of a job, a home, etc. as long as they get
    re-elected to continue their power lust and rape of the lower level workers,
    and their families, and childrens' future.

    Term limits MUST be enacted to return Congress to true representation of
    "the people". The two party system MUST be changed to allow new, and
    "unowned people" to run for office to do the right thing, instead of doing
    what lines their pockets or gets them re-elected for the 6th time.

    I ask one thing, "Could things be any worse with new people and without
    professional politicians?"
  34. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Capt Bob wrote:

    <snip>

    > I guess that means that we are going to have to learn to live on $5 a
    > day, which is what many Chinese are paid. Let's see, how long would
    > it take to save up for a PC, at that rate of pay?

    True, but look on the bright side - by the time wages in the US get to
    that level all the manufacturing jobs will cycle back to the US because
    it'll have the cheapest labor on Earth.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > I thought it was when there is a Starbucks across the street from
    > another Starbucks

    I read something, the other day, about a new Stabucks opening
    up in the bathroom of a Starbucks! <g>

    Notan
  36. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:27:42 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

    >Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> I thought it was when there is a Starbucks across the street from
    >> another Starbucks
    >
    >I read something, the other day, about a new Stabucks opening
    >up in the bathroom of a Starbucks! <g>
    >
    >Notan

    I read that all the new Starbucks will be called " Ten Bucks"

    Bob
  37. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > Do you have ANY idea who your "law makers" and "representatives" are?
    > Damn
    > near ALL of them are multimillionaire LAWYERS that have learned how to use
    > the law to screw people and get away with it. They are no more and no
    > less
    > than professional thieves IMO. They know NOTHING of the world the average
    > person lives in and quite frankly CARE NOTHING about that world. They
    > have
    > theirs, and they and the people they get their money from don't care how
    > many people get put out of a job, a home, etc. as long as they get
    > re-elected to continue their power lust and rape of the lower level
    > workers,
    > and their families, and childrens' future.
    >
    > Term limits MUST be enacted to return Congress to true representation of
    > "the people". The two party system MUST be changed to allow new, and
    > "unowned people" to run for office to do the right thing, instead of doing
    > what lines their pockets or gets them re-elected for the 6th time.
    >
    > I ask one thing, "Could things be any worse with new people and without
    > professional politicians?"

    Unless their is campaign finance reform congressmen will always be part of
    corruption.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    >>>We'll know the end is near when the Bullseye Barbeque hotline ends in
    >>>Bangalore... 8-)
    >>>

    >> You will know the end is near when your boss tells you that you and
    >> your family have to move to a one room shack in India, or you are
    >> fired...
    >>

    >> Bob
    > maybe your boss but not my boss

    It already happens were my wife works but it's not India, it's China. They
    ask everyone that question during there re-evaluation/restructuring phase.
    If you absolutely say no then you are off the fast track for promotions or
    downsized eventually.

    The correct answer is I would have to way the circumstances at the time it
    was offered but they still don't like that answer.

    JD
  39. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    jd wrote:

    >>>You will know the end is near when your boss tells you that you and
    >>>your family have to move to a one room shack in India, or you are
    >>>fired...
    >>>

    >>>Bob
    >>
    >>maybe your boss but not my boss
    >

    > It already happens were my wife works but it's not India, it's China. They
    > ask everyone that question during there re-evaluation/restructuring phase.
    > If you absolutely say no then you are off the fast track for promotions or
    > downsized eventually.
    >
    > The correct answer is I would have to way the circumstances at the time it
    > was offered but they still don't like that answer.
    >
    > JD

    If they don't like the answer, than it is not the correct answer. I
    think the correct answer is yes.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    In article <ruKle.8884$uR4.3269@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    jim duron <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1494871,00.html

Dell Support Email Computers