When will Dell get real English speaking service support?

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 27, 2005 11:25:11 PM

I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.

When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
Dell has a problem.

Jim
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:25:12 PM

jim duron wrote:
> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>
> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
> Dell has a problem.
>
> Jim

Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
premium money for premium services.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:25:12 PM

A better question is: "When will trolls finally grow up and get on with
their lives?"

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
e-mail
> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
base,
> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
and
> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>
> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
way
> Dell has a problem.
>
> Jim

May 27, 2005 11:25:12 PM

"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
e-mail
> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
base,
> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
and
> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>
> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
way
> Dell has a problem.
>
> Jim

This is all your fault. You should have selected the support option on page
3 includes "native english speaking tech reps that you can understand and
have seen a computer before".

Seriously though, you should call and speak to somebody in customer service
and tell them you have reason to believe somebody is perpetrating a fraud on
Dell and they are using your email. That might get you to next higher level
that hopefully speaks english as a first language.

BTW did you call the person that ordered them since you had his phone
number?
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:25:12 PM

Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do is
simply request a native English speaking customer service representative. I
know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India to
turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one likes
it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with a
native English speaker. No problem.

"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
e-mail
> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
base,
> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
and
> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>
> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
way
> Dell has a problem.
>
> Jim

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:25:13 PM

I guess this makes me a troll too then :o  I've had two non-English speaking
Dell reps call to ask me how happy I was with recent conversations with
Dell. Both times I let them know that it was quite frustrating because of
the language barrier (I was trying to be nice).
Monica
>A better question is: "When will trolls finally grow up and get on with
> their lives?"
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:25:13 PM

When Dell Home PC sales number tank.
In other words, don't hold your breath.

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

> jim duron wrote:
>> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
>> e-mail and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there
>> data base, well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly
>> spoke English and after my second attempt finally got this guy to
>> understand I was receiving someone else's e-mail and their order info and
>> address phone ect. I asked them if they would notify the other person and
>> fix the Problem but it was to hard to understand customer service reps
>> reply so I gave up.
>>
>> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
>> way Dell has a problem.
>>
>> Jim
>

> Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
> of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
> meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
> continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
> the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
> tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
> premium money for premium services.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:13:38 AM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
<jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
>and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
>well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
>after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
>someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
>hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>
>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
>Dell has a problem.
>
>Jim

The reason they don't go back to English speaking support , is because
they don't get many complaints about their support. The reason they
don't get many complaints, is that they will only send the survey
emails to customers that they helped right off the bat. I have called
them many times in the last 1.4 years, and when they cannot figure out
what my problem is on the phone, I never get a customer survey email..
I have even had supervisors jump in at the end of a call, where I got
no help at all, and asked my what I thought of the support technician.
I would tell them that I could barely understand what the tech was
saying, and they always apologize and say that they will be emailing
me an evaluation form. I never, ever, get the form.....

Bob
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:20:28 AM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
>grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do is
>simply request a native English speaking customer service representative. I
>know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India to
>turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one likes
>it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with a
>native English speaker. No problem.

Kevin,

I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
customer, I cannot get US tech support.

Bob

>"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
>e-mail
>> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
>base,
>> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
>and
>> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
>> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
>> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>>
>> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
>way
>> Dell has a problem.
>>
>> Jim

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:20:29 AM

Capt Bob,

That is a shame. I don't know what the problem could be. When I call the
Dell Technical Support line and I get the call center in India, I simply ask
to be transferred back to a US based call center. I have never had a
problem. I also call the sales line and have them connect me to someone in
the US, usually in Texas, if I'm getting a real run-around. I have even had
a technician actually call me back on another line to help me with a
problem. Be thankful you are not dealing with HP or Compaq. Don't even get
me started on that one! < ; )

"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
> >grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do
is
> >simply request a native English speaking customer service representative.
> >know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India
> >turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one
likes
> >it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with
> >native English speaker. No problem.
>

> Kevin,
>
> I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
> them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
> success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
> United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
> Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
> I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
> immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
> However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
> getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
> This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
> customer, I cannot get US tech support.
>
> Bob

> >"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
> >e-mail
> >> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
> >base,
> >> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke
English
> >and
> >> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
receiving
> >> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I
asked
> >> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it
was
> >> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
> >>
> >> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> >> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he
is
> >> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good
either
> >way
> >> Dell has a problem.
> >>
> >> Jim

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:32:34 AM

I'm a troll becuase I exspect quality service?
Who needs to grow up?

>A better question is: "When will trolls finally grow up and get on with
> their lives?"
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
> e-mail
>> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
> base,
>> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
> and
>> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
>> receiving
>> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
>> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>>
>> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
> way
>> Dell has a problem.
>>
>> Jim

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:33:53 AM

"joey travalinni" <jttravalinni@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
> e-mail
>> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
> base,
>> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
> and
>> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
>> receiving
>> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
>> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>>
>> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
> way
>> Dell has a problem.
>>
>> Jim
>
> This is all your fault. You should have selected the support option on
> page
> 3 includes "native english speaking tech reps that you can understand and
> have seen a computer before".
>
> Seriously though, you should call and speak to somebody in customer
> service
> and tell them you have reason to believe somebody is perpetrating a fraud
> on
> Dell and they are using your email. That might get you to next higher
> level
> that hopefully speaks english as a first language.
>
> BTW did you call the person that ordered them since you had his phone
> number?

not yet but I will.

Jim
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:39:17 AM

How sad is that? If your a every day joe spending your hard earned dollar
who cares. But if your a big corporate dirt bag well that's different.
Dell is giving Wal-Mart Service with Macys prices.

Jim

> I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
> them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
> success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
> United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
> Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
> I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
> immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
> However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
> getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
> This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
> customer, I cannot get US tech support.
>
> Bob

>>"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
>>e-mail
>>> and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
>>base,
>>> well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
>>and
>>> after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
>>> receiving
>>> someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I
>>> asked
>>> them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it
>>> was
>>> hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>>>
>>> When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>>> receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>>> ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
>>way
>>> Dell has a problem.
>>>
>>> Jim

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:43:29 AM

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
> <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
>>e-mail
>>and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
>>base,
>>well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
>>and
>>after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
>>someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>>them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was
>>hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
>>
>>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
>>way
>>Dell has a problem.
>>
>>Jim
>>

> The reason they don't go back to English speaking support , is because
> they don't get many complaints about their support. The reason they
> don't get many complaints, is that they will only send the survey
> emails to customers that they helped right off the bat. I have called
> them many times in the last 1.4 years, and when they cannot figure out
> what my problem is on the phone, I never get a customer survey email..
> I have even had supervisors jump in at the end of a call, where I got
> no help at all, and asked my what I thought of the support technician.
> I would tell them that I could barely understand what the tech was
> saying, and they always apologize and say that they will be emailing
> me an evaluation form. I never, ever, get the form.....
>
> Bob

I had the samething happen to me. I finally understood the Service Tech. but
only after asking her to repeat what she was saying. I understood every
other word or so of what she was saying.

Jim
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:47:14 AM

The IRS?

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:58:56 PM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:48:24 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Capt Bob,
>
>That is a shame. I don't know what the problem could be. When I call the
>Dell Technical Support line and I get the call center in India, I simply ask
>to be transferred back to a US based call center. I have never had a
>problem. I also call the sales line and have them connect me to someone in
>the US, usually in Texas, if I'm getting a real run-around. I have even had
>a technician actually call me back on another line to help me with a
>problem. Be thankful you are not dealing with HP or Compaq. Don't even get
>me started on that one! < ; )

I tried every suggestion you have just made multiple times, and it
never worked. This is dealing with 2 different PC's over the span of
a year. I have a coworker that went though the same thing with his
new 8400 and it still is not working correctly. He finally just gave
up and is using it as is, cause he doesn't have the time to fight with
them on the phone.

Bob

>"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:55:39 -0700, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Well, Jim, I wouldn't bark too loudly if I were you. Your spelling and
>> >grammar are horrendous. Not to mention punctuation. All you have to do
>is
>> >simply request a native English speaking customer service representative.
>> >know, I've done it. I too have had to politely ask a technician in India
>> >turn me over to someone in the US. Outsourcing is a reality. No one
>likes
>> >it. Tell the companies that you deal with that you will only speak with
>> >native English speaker. No problem.
>>

>> Kevin,
>>
>> I have politely asked, begged on my knees and everything else to have
>> them turn me over to someone that speaks English, and so far my
>> success has been zero. The English speaking support people are in the
>> United States, and they deal with the high end Corporate Dell
>> Customers. I finally asked our IT person and the International Company
>> I work for, to give me the Tech support number that he uses, and
>> immediately I was talking to a very bright person in the States.
>> However, after hearing my story, admitting that the help I have been
>> getting was basically useless, she had to transfer me back to India.
>> This is because company policy dictates that being a non-corporate
>> customer, I cannot get US tech support.
>>
>> Bob

>> >"jim duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> >e-mail
>> >base,
>English
>> >and
>receiving
>asked
>was

>is
>either
>> >way

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 5:04:35 PM

On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
<monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:

>The IRS?
>
>"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
>
>> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
>> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans

Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.

Bob
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 5:25:44 PM

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

> jim duron wrote:
> > I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my
e-mail
> > and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data
base,
> > well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English
and
> > after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was
receiving
> > someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I
asked
> > them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it
was to
> > hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.
> >
> > When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
> > receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
> > ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either
way
> > Dell has a problem.
> >
> > Jim
>

> Sadly, out-sourcing is going to continue until the supply
> of home-brewed (i.e., English-speaking) support staff starts
> meeting the demand for support services and/or profit margins
> continue to slip due to poorer support services and/or when
> the computer user becomes more literate and less dependant on
> tech support or when the hapless end-user is willing to pay
> premium money for premium services.

Ah, you've got it half right. In the US, business sold the government
on the idea that there was a tech shortage and so the upped the H1B visa
quote by 300%. That brought in cut rate (but still very qualified) techs.
Business saw a savings, they still do and the H1B quota is still inflated
even with many US techs out of work. Business likes the savings they can
get when they can use the visa and/or green cards of their employees as a
bargaining chip to get them to work cheaper. Mean while some genius cam up
with the thought that why should they bother importing talent when they can
use the web to hire these guys in their home country and pay them even less.
And there you have it, more or less in a nut shell. Some companies have had
a financial back lash, but only noticeable from their corporate customers
and so they get special consideration via a separate US based support
system.

KC
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 5:43:08 PM

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
> <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:
>
> >The IRS?
> >
> >"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
> >
> >> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
> >> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans
> >

> Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
> least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.
>
> Bob

Also many state agencies have outsourced there too.

Please not they have also had their first fully documented case of said
outsource workers using their access to personal information for criminal
purposes. I believe it was Citibank. that they used personal info to scam
out of a hefty bit of change.

KC
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:02:37 PM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, in
<ruKle.8884$uR4.3269@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "jim
duron" <jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I had a problem with Dell sending me someone else's Dell orders to my e-mail
>and tried to get Dell to stop it and delete my e-mail from there data base,
>well after I finally got some one to talk too they barelly spoke English and
>after my second attempt finally got this guy to understand I was receiving
>someone else's e-mail and their order info and address phone ect. I asked
>them if they would notify the other person and fix the Problem but it was to
>hard to understand customer service reps reply so I gave up.

Go to the Dell web site and punch your email address into the
login and indicate that you've lost your password. They will
email it to you within minutes. Immediately go back to the Dell
site, log in, and change the password and then cancel the orders
if they are still outstanding. Change other contact info if the
mood strikes you to do so.

Been there, done that. This problem is more common than many may
think. It's about time Dell implemented a system that requires
email address confirmation before entering it into their
database.
May 28, 2005 7:57:23 PM

I have one better the pentagon is considering outsourcing some military
paper work (dat to day opeprations on bases) over seas too.

"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:47:14 -0500, "Monica"
> <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote:
>
>>The IRS?
>>
>>"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22:55 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
>>
>>> India, for 10- 15K. Delta, Earthlink, AT and T, the IRS, Dell, the
>>> list goes on and on. Big corporations in the US feel that Americans
>>

> Yes, they are processing IRS returns in India and have been for at
> least 1 1/2 years. Your tax dollars at work.
>
> Bob
May 28, 2005 8:12:06 PM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
<jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:

[ . . .]

>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
>Dell has a problem.
>
>Jim

Time to refresh everyone's memory of a post a while back by a
gentleman who signed it as "Frank,"

> I love my new (first) Dell & their support (for Gen3), but I still
>had to laugh at this link a friend emailed me...
>
>http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:05:59 AM

On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:12:06 -0500, Bill <bgross@nospan.airmail.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "jim duron"
><jblduron@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>[ . . .]
>>
>>When is Dell going to quit outsourcing there service help and why did I
>>receive this guys order conformation? I imagine he will pissed. Or he is
>>ordering something with my e-mail on purpose and is up to no good either way
>>Dell has a problem.
>>
>>Jim
>>

>Time to refresh everyone's memory of a post a while back by a
>gentleman who signed it as "Frank,"
>

>> I love my new (first) Dell & their support (for Gen3), but I still
>>had to laugh at this link a friend emailed me...
>>
>>http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

Funny part is that it's pretty typical.....

Bob
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:35:29 PM

Kevin Childers wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
> were given them.

I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!

Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
funded) raise.

Notan
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:39:07 PM

Kevin Childers wrote:

> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
> were given them.

We live in a competitive global business environment which has an
economic leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained
society excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc.
are eating our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that
the quality is equal or better. Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is
getting squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of
the world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with
the rest of the world - improve our public education and clamp down on
corporate/governmental corruption.

If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:43:59 PM

Notan wrote:

> I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
>
> Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
> billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
> or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
> etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
> about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
> funded) raise.

How much is your representative worth? Compared with corporate
executives' compensation, they're UNDERPAID. The problem is not with
their compensation but with their job performance.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:04:53 PM

> Kevin Childers wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will
always
> > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just
trying to
> > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed
for
> > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government
takes
> > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
> > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I
just
> > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of
the
> > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats
or
> > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term)
and
> > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again
renewed
> > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs,
they
> > were given them.
>
> I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
>
> Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
> billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
> or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
> etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
> about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
> funded) raise.
>
> Notan

I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered, they
can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's rules
of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have to
go out and get more.

KC
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:04:54 PM

Kevin Childers wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
> forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered, they
> can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
> income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
> officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
> from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
> greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's rules
> of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have to
> go out and get more.

I've always been fond of the "pay by performance" concept.

Notan
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:57:41 PM

"Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in

> I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
> forces pay scale.
>
> KC

Then we'd end up with congressmen and federal department officials paying
themselves like Enron/Worldcom/Tyco executives...and giving us about the
same level of performance.

- FM -
May 30, 2005 12:23:33 AM

"Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in
>>
>> I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
>> forces pay scale.
>>
>> KC
>>

> Then we'd end up with congressmen and federal department officials paying
> themselves like Enron/Worldcom/Tyco executives...and giving us about the
> same level of performance.
I think that is what we are getting from them now.

JD
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 12:28:05 AM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:35:29 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

>Kevin Childers wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
>> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
>> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
>> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
>> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
>> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
>> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
>> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
>> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
>> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
>> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
>> were given them.
>
>I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
>
>Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
>billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
>or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
>etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
>about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
>funded) raise.
>
>Notan

Hey, Congress is worrying about the important issues like the
Millionaire Baseball players that are taking steroids.
May 30, 2005 12:29:37 AM

> We live in a competitive global business environment which has an economic
> leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained society
> excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc. are eating
> our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that the quality
> is equal or better.

The service that India provides is not Better. China is a Communist
represive country.
Strike one

Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
> just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is getting
> squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of the
> world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
> current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
> elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with the
> rest of the world -

People are elected because of money generated for campaigns and pushing so
called morale issues for certain lobbyist. Corporations give large amounts
of money towards pol. who will push their agenda, outsourcing.

improve our public education and clamp down on
> corporate/governmental corruption.
>
> If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
> other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 12:32:15 AM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:39:07 -0700, Lenny Bruce <spam@devnul.com>
wrote:

>Kevin Childers wrote:
>>>
>> I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will always
>> find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just trying to
>> feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed for
>> being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government takes
>> the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
>> availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I just
>> love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of the
>> business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats or
>> the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st Term) and
>> has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again renewed
>> by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs, they
>> were given them.
>
>We live in a competitive global business environment which has an
>economic leveling effect. We no longer can live in a self contained
>society excluding the rest of the world. That's why China, India etc.
>are eating our lunch. It not just that it's cheaper over there, but that
>the quality is equal or better. Remember Japan after WW2? First it was
>just cheaper, then their quality improved. The US middle class is
>getting squeezed resulting in our society becoming more like the rest of
>the world - a very few ultra rich and the vast majority living below the
>current US standard. The best we can do in a democratic society is to
>elect people who apply our resources to make us more competitive with
>the rest of the world - improve our public education and clamp down on
>corporate/governmental corruption.
>
>If Dell ignored its competitive environment and it would fail and some
>other company - maybe based outside of US would take over.

I guess that means that we are going to have to learn to live on $5 a
day, which is what many Chinese are paid. Let's see, how long would
it take to save up for a PC, at that rate of pay?

Bob
May 30, 2005 2:27:34 AM

"Kevin Childers" <wildthing123@charter.net> wrote in message
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > Kevin Childers wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I think your missing the point here. Management at the top will
> always
> > > find some one else to stick it to. There is always some body just
> trying to
> > > feed the family that ends up on the short end and some how gets blamed
> for
> > > being there. You can cry a river over it, but until the US government
> takes
> > > the initiative to read it's own employment reports on the level of
> > > availability/unemployment in the tech sector not much will change. I
> just
> > > love it when the guys we elected get together with the upper levels of
> the
> > > business community to help them screw us. It isn't just the democrats
> or
> > > the republicans, this started with the Clinton administration (1st
Term)
> and
> > > has been renewed by the Clinton administration (2nd Term) and again
> renewed
> > > by the Bush administration (1st Term). India didn't steal these jobs,
> they
> > > were given them.
> >
> > I've always loved it when Congress votes themselves a pay raise!
> >
> > Here we are, in a time where unemployment is up, we're spending
> > billions/trillions of dollars on a war, we're worried about whether
> > or not there'll be any retirement funds for those still working,
> > etc., and the lawmakers, who already have absolutely no worries
> > about their personal finances, decide the they deserve a (taxpayer
> > funded) raise.
> >
> > Notan
>
> I believe that all federal pay should be tied to the civilian work
> forces pay scale. If a congressman can not live on the wages offered,
they
> can seek employment in the civil sector that will provide them with the
> income they seek. The idea that by paying high wages to our elected
> officials will deter their susceptibility to bribes, and other inducements
> from those seeking favor from the government, simply does not work. Human
> greed seems to me to be a lot like Carlins rule of stuff and Murphy's
rules
> of fiancé. That ever you want will consume all that you have so you have
> go out and get more.
>
> KC

Do you have ANY idea who your "law makers" and "representatives" are? Damn
near ALL of them are multimillionaire LAWYERS that have learned how to use
the law to screw people and get away with it. They are no more and no less
than professional thieves IMO. They know NOTHING of the world the average
person lives in and quite frankly CARE NOTHING about that world. They have
theirs, and they and the people they get their money from don't care how
many people get put out of a job, a home, etc. as long as they get
re-elected to continue their power lust and rape of the lower level workers,
and their families, and childrens' future.

Term limits MUST be enacted to return Congress to true representation of
"the people". The two party system MUST be changed to allow new, and
"unowned people" to run for office to do the right thing, instead of doing
what lines their pockets or gets them re-elected for the 6th time.

I ask one thing, "Could things be any worse with new people and without
professional politicians?"
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:48:08 AM

Capt Bob wrote:

<snip>

> I guess that means that we are going to have to learn to live on $5 a
> day, which is what many Chinese are paid. Let's see, how long would
> it take to save up for a PC, at that rate of pay?

True, but look on the bright side - by the time wages in the US get to
that level all the manufacturing jobs will cycle back to the US because
it'll have the cheapest labor on Earth.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:27:42 PM

Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I thought it was when there is a Starbucks across the street from
> another Starbucks

I read something, the other day, about a new Stabucks opening
up in the bathroom of a Starbucks! <g>

Notan
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 11:21:52 PM

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:27:42 -0600, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

>Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I thought it was when there is a Starbucks across the street from
>> another Starbucks
>
>I read something, the other day, about a new Stabucks opening
>up in the bathroom of a Starbucks! <g>
>
>Notan

I read that all the new Starbucks will be called " Ten Bucks"

Bob
June 2, 2005 12:08:42 AM

> Do you have ANY idea who your "law makers" and "representatives" are?
> Damn
> near ALL of them are multimillionaire LAWYERS that have learned how to use
> the law to screw people and get away with it. They are no more and no
> less
> than professional thieves IMO. They know NOTHING of the world the average
> person lives in and quite frankly CARE NOTHING about that world. They
> have
> theirs, and they and the people they get their money from don't care how
> many people get put out of a job, a home, etc. as long as they get
> re-elected to continue their power lust and rape of the lower level
> workers,
> and their families, and childrens' future.
>
> Term limits MUST be enacted to return Congress to true representation of
> "the people". The two party system MUST be changed to allow new, and
> "unowned people" to run for office to do the right thing, instead of doing
> what lines their pockets or gets them re-elected for the 6th time.
>
> I ask one thing, "Could things be any worse with new people and without
> professional politicians?"

Unless their is campaign finance reform congressmen will always be part of
corruption.
June 2, 2005 12:17:25 AM

>>>We'll know the end is near when the Bullseye Barbeque hotline ends in
>>>Bangalore... 8-)
>>>

>> You will know the end is near when your boss tells you that you and
>> your family have to move to a one room shack in India, or you are
>> fired...
>>

>> Bob
> maybe your boss but not my boss

It already happens were my wife works but it's not India, it's China. They
ask everyone that question during there re-evaluation/restructuring phase.
If you absolutely say no then you are off the fast track for promotions or
downsized eventually.

The correct answer is I would have to way the circumstances at the time it
was offered but they still don't like that answer.

JD
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:05:03 AM

jd wrote:

>>>You will know the end is near when your boss tells you that you and
>>>your family have to move to a one room shack in India, or you are
>>>fired...
>>>

>>>Bob
>>
>>maybe your boss but not my boss
>

> It already happens were my wife works but it's not India, it's China. They
> ask everyone that question during there re-evaluation/restructuring phase.
> If you absolutely say no then you are off the fast track for promotions or
> downsized eventually.
>
> The correct answer is I would have to way the circumstances at the time it
> was offered but they still don't like that answer.
>
> JD

If they don't like the answer, than it is not the correct answer. I
think the correct answer is yes.
!