Can't see the address bar in internet explorer

I opened my computer and decided to goto internet through the my computer
window. So I pressed home button of my key board so the My Computer window
converted to a web page. But after that the address bar disappeared. I closed
the window and restart the machine and opened the internet explorer, but
still address bar is missing. I checked under the tools and I can see the
tick infront of the address bar. Will anyone able to help me? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about address internet explorer

    [[You can move or resize the Address bar and Links bar by dragging them
    up, down, left, or right. You can even move them into the menu bar! ]]

    Right click the Toolbar | Select: Address bar | Even with Address bar
    selected, your Address bar may be sized to it's smallest. Which makes
    it very difficult to see. If any of it is showing, look very
    carefully.....

    First right click the Toolbar | Unselect: Lock the Toolbars | Move your
    cursor around where the Address bar should be until it turns into a
    double headed arrow | Left click and drag bigger.

    This takes some practice. No way to really describe how to do it.
    If/when you see your Address bar again and get it where/how you want
    it...

    Right click the Toolbar | Lock the Toolbars to prevent losing the
    Address bar again.

    The Internet Explorer Address bar is missing
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842903

    Address Bar and Status Bar Are Not Displayed in Windows Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283280

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1CB0FE8B-0D0A-4064-957A-5CF9F5EB44DF@microsoft.com,
    Thepul <Thepul@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I opened my computer and decided to goto internet through the my computer
    > window. So I pressed home button of my key board so the My Computer window
    > converted to a web page. But after that the address bar disappeared. I
    > closed the window and restart the machine and opened the internet
    > explorer, but still address bar is missing. I checked under the tools and
    > I can see the tick infront of the address bar. Will anyone able to help
    > me? Thanks

    In Internet Explorer, select View from menu, then highlight Toolbars, then click on Address Bar. A check mark indicates it is selected to show.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    Thepul <Thepul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I opened my computer and decided to goto internet through the my
    > computer window. So I pressed home button of my key board so the My
    > Computer window converted to a web page. But after that the address
    > bar disappeared. I closed the window and restart the machine and
    > opened the internet explorer, but still address bar is missing. I
    > checked under the tools and I can see the tick infront of the address
    > bar. Will anyone able to help me? Thanks

    Unlock it and start dragging stuffs abouts until it shows up again. (That's
    how I do it when I lose my address bar.)

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

Internet Explorer Browsers Computers Windows XP