Remote Desktop

Hi all. I have been experiencing issues in getting remote desktop to
run. I have been trying to connect to my home computer from work. Both
of the computers are running windows XP. It have tried from other
remote locations to connect to the home computer with success but it
wont work from the office. The office computer runs thru a separate
computer that acts as a firewall (running linux) and must be blocking
TCP 3389 outgoing. Is there a way of changing the port to say port TCP
80 so it might work? Anyones suggestions would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306759

    On the Client just append a colon after the IP address followed by the port
    number the server is listening on.

    Brian P.
    A+, Network+, MCP

    "yellowsubwoofer" <yellowsubwoofer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. I have been experiencing issues in getting remote desktop to
    > run. I have been trying to connect to my home computer from work. Both
    > of the computers are running windows XP. It have tried from other
    > remote locations to connect to the home computer with success but it
    > wont work from the office. The office computer runs thru a separate
    > computer that acts as a firewall (running linux) and must be blocking
    > TCP 3389 outgoing. Is there a way of changing the port to say port TCP
    > 80 so it might work? Anyones suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks Brian.

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP