Major Help Needed (Constant error message)

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience."

This 'regular' message appears whenever i try to open ANY FOLDER for
example i cant view: my computer, C:drive and the only way i can view
my documents is through internet explorer !

I can open programms fine but not being able to get to folders some are
in im forced to use the 'run' command or use desktop for everything.

Any ideas would be a start please help

--
Jase1986

First thing to check: Take a look at the system's Event Log:
Select Start button/ select Run , then type in

eventvwr.msc<enter>
-- or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.

Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred. Double click---the information "may" give a clue.

Post back with the information details. Hopefully this will give us a decent clue on the problem.

btw, how long has this problem been occurring? Was there some programs installed prior to this problem?
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User