Eliminate Screens at Startup:

I have Mcafee VirusScan and Personal Firewall. I had their Privacy Service,
but let it expire.....I did not want it. On start up, I get this message, "An
application component is missing. Please reinstall Mcafee Privacy Service.
Also, since installing AOL Security Edition, another screen appears at start
up.
In so many words it says that my firewall software may be blocking AOL
software
and to confire it to allow the following programs.
-aolpspd.exe
-aoltsmom.exe
HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THESE TO SCREENS AT STARTUP? THANKS, STEVE

--
Thanks

Have you looked at McAfee's support documents?
http://www.mcafeehelp.com/selectSupportType.asp?siteID=1&resolution=1024x768&cid=14077&cnrcheck=done

You might try AOL support as well.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Mcafee VirusScan and Personal Firewall. I had their Privacy Service,
> but let it expire.....I did not want it. On start up, I get this message, "An
> application component is missing. Please reinstall Mcafee Privacy Service.
> Also, since installing AOL Security Edition, another screen appears at start
> up.
> In so many words it says that my firewall software may be blocking AOL
> software
> and to confire it to allow the following programs.
> -aolpspd.exe
> -aoltsmom.exe
> HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THESE TO SCREENS AT STARTUP? THANKS, STEVE
>

> --
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS