GF3 vs. Elsa Dcc in 3D Max

G

We have all read Tom's reviews of all the Geforce3 cards compared against each other. Also there was a review comparing workstation Graphic cards: http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010615/index.html
but no where is there a comparison of Geforce3 to other highend cards so my question is for the professionals.
1. Does the Elsa Gloria DCC kick the Geforce3's ass to compensate for the price? (not counting the dual display feature of the Elsa DCC)
2. My main goal is graphics but I do luv a good game over my lan against friends... does the Elsa DCC allow game playing unlike other high end graphic cards?
Thanx
Paul

growing up but never older :)

Gog

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Isn't the Quadro Dcc chipset based on the GF2 Pro? in which case go with the GF3 and wait for a GF3/Quadro crack if one appears.

--------------------------------

Look at the size of that thing!

G

Thanx for the thought but...
This is a quote from nvidia's website..so the question is still unanswered... "In addition, the Quadro DCC's same core architecture is found in the GeForce3 GPU and the XboxTM GPU, making it the ideal productivity tool for creating visual effects, character animations, and next generation games for the PC, Xbox, and other digital media platforms." so can the DCC beat the GF3 because the "twinview" feature can't be the whole cause of double the price.

growing up but never older :)

Gog

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Fair enough, I thought it was based on GF2 pro, but if it's based on gf3, how does it perform in games? Quadro chips based on GF2 are as good at games as their equivalent GF2 card (quadro MX equates to a GF2 MX etc), if that holds true, all you want to know is what are the advantages of the DCC.

Alternatively buy a GF3 and <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/29060103.htm" target="_new">convert it into a DCC</A>

--------------------------------

Look at the size of that thing!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Gog on 07/26/01 04:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>