Annoying Startup??

how do i get back to my original winXP pro startup that does not show my
name and asks for a password , the same after it wakes from a sleep- i don't
need the security!! just want to turn the comp on and go to work etc without
all the password user stuff - i'm the only user thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about annoying startup

    Pete;
    Start/Run
    Type "control userpasswords2" ENTER
    Uncheck "Users must enter..."
    Click OK and follow prompts.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Pete Rynas" <r566b@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > how do i get back to my original winXP pro startup that does not show my
    > name and asks for a password , the same after it wakes from a sleep- i
    > don't need the security!! just want to turn the comp on and go to work etc
    > without all the password user stuff - i'm the only user thank you

    Pete,

    For the 2nd issue, see:

    Welcome Screen Appears After Your Computer Has Been Idle:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810607

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Pete Rynas" <r566b@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > how do i get back to my original winXP pro startup that does not show my
    > name and asks for a password , the same after it wakes from a sleep- i
    > don't need the security!! just want to turn the comp on and go to work etc
    > without all the password user stuff - i'm the only user thank you

Support Microsoft Windows XP