how do i get back to my original winXP pro startup that does not show my
name and asks for a password , the same after it wakes from a sleep- i don't
need the security!! just want to turn the comp on and go to work etc without
all the password user stuff - i'm the only user thank you

Pete;
Start/Run
Type "control userpasswords2" ENTER
Uncheck "Users must enter..."
Click OK and follow prompts.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Pete Rynas" <r566b@comcast.net> wrote in message
> how do i get back to my original winXP pro startup that does not show my
> name and asks for a password , the same after it wakes from a sleep- i
> don't need the security!! just want to turn the comp on and go to work etc
> without all the password user stuff - i'm the only user thank you

Pete,

For the 2nd issue, see:

Welcome Screen Appears After Your Computer Has Been Idle:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810607

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org