add/remove windows components

All of the accessories and utilities were somehow deleted from me computer,
but when I go into the add/remove windows components wizard, it won't let me
install them. It says "Please insert the Compact Disc labeled 'Windows XP
Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD' into your CD-ROM drive (D:) and then click
OK". The only Windows XP CD I have only has Service Pack 1 on it and it
doesn't work for this. Does anybody know what I can do?

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Kristen" <Kristen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of the accessories and utilities were somehow deleted from me
> computer,
> but when I go into the add/remove windows components wizard, it won't
> let me
> install them. It says "Please insert the Compact Disc labeled
> 'Windows XP
> Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD' into your CD-ROM drive (D:) and then
> click
> OK". The only Windows XP CD I have only has Service Pack 1 on it and
> it
> doesn't work for this. Does anybody know what I can do?

If you have applied Service Pack 2, you may need to create a
slipstreamed CD (it merges SP-2). For instructions on creating a
slipstreamed CD, see
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp.
You'll need CD burning software.

For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Kristen,

Point to %Systemroot%\ServicePackFiles folder when prompted for the system
files. Alternately, to restore the missing Accessories group / shortcuts,
try here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/accessories.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org