Corrupted User Profile

August 6, 2005 5:56:01 AM

My user profile is corrupted. I read in these section similar cases and
followed advice given. I read article 811151 and followed instructions,
nothing worked. Then I looked in the Advanced System Information – Error Log
and one of the errors says: Windows was unable to load registry. This is
often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. DETAIL –
The configuration registry is corrupt for C:\Docoments and
Settings\Miguel.CAREBEST\ntuse r.dat
The main problem is that when y crate a new user accounts, after login in as
that user at least once, this account does not appear under Documents and
Settings, so I have no folder to Copy To the files and folders from my OLD
user account
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Miguel

More about : corrupted user profile

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 10:25:08 AM

If you can't create a new user for the system, you should try a Repair, or 'upgrade' setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--
Mark L. Ferguson