start/programs help

August 6, 2005 6:50:38 AM

l,m on xp windows home edition and have a problem with start/programs.lt will
not let me into programs when l click on programs,instead l get a windows
explorer error message with a send or don,t send tab.l,ve sent the error,
done system restore,system config,safe mode,anti virus check,but this error
still appears saying closing.l cannot do anything with the start button even
close down.lt says the report to be sent is
c:\docume~1\mandy\local~1\temp\e81e_appcompat.txt.l have not got a clue what
this means,and cannot find this file anywhere.l have gone into taskbar/start
menu and got classic menu a earlier version of windows and start/program
works with this, but l would like the xp version back.please give some advice
thank you

More about : start programs

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 10:27:27 AM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"mandy" <mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03AA29-98B1-464F-A113-665E0A3EC6EF@microsoft.com...
> l,m on xp windows home edition and have a problem with start/programs.lt will
> not let me into programs when l click on programs,instead l get a windows
> explorer error message with a send or don,t send tab.l,ve sent the error,
> done system restore,system config,safe mode,anti virus check,but this error
> still appears saying closing.l cannot do anything with the start button even
> close down.lt says the report to be sent is
> c:\docume~1\mandy\local~1\temp\e81e_appcompat.txt.l have not got a clue what
> this means,and cannot find this file anywhere.l have gone into taskbar/start
> menu and got classic menu a earlier version of windows and start/program
> works with this, but l would like the xp version back.please give some advice
> thank you
August 7, 2005 12:26:00 PM

thanks,l will try this.any more suggestions if this does not work.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "mandy" <mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03AA29-98B1-464F-A113-665E0A3EC6EF@microsoft.com...
> > l,m on xp windows home edition and have a problem with start/programs.lt will
> > not let me into programs when l click on programs,instead l get a windows
> > explorer error message with a send or don,t send tab.l,ve sent the error,
> > done system restore,system config,safe mode,anti virus check,but this error
> > still appears saying closing.l cannot do anything with the start button even
> > close down.lt says the report to be sent is
> > c:\docume~1\mandy\local~1\temp\e81e_appcompat.txt.l have not got a clue what
> > this means,and cannot find this file anywhere.l have gone into taskbar/start
> > menu and got classic menu a earlier version of windows and start/program
> > works with this, but l would like the xp version back.please give some advice
> > thank you

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:47:24 PM

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350