Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What is wrong with my netbook monitor

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 1, 2013 4:13:57 PM

I believe my hp netbook was stepped on and now the screen has many colored lines all over it. Any idea of what needs to be replaced?jesst42day[at]comcast.net

More about : wrong netbook monitor

a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a b D Laptop
February 1, 2013 5:20:44 PM

Please edit your post to remove your email address. Otherwise, you will get more SPAM than you get now.

Sounds like your display was damaged and should be replaced. What make/model of netbook are you using?
m
l
February 1, 2013 11:07:08 PM

It is an HP product # XT981UT is that the right #? When you tap on the screen lightly the colored lines get darker and lighter, but you can still see some of the screen thru the colored lines
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a c 249 D Laptop
February 1, 2013 11:40:08 PM

New screen time...
m
l
February 1, 2013 11:46:10 PM

This is why I always set my computer to have a screen saver come on after 15 minutes.
m
l
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a c 249 D Laptop
February 1, 2013 11:47:46 PM

jahrasta311 said:
This is why I always set my computer to have a screen saver come on after 15 minutes.

Hi :) 

I hope that was a joke...a screensaver wont stop people stepping on the screen and breaking it lol...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 1, 2013 11:58:57 PM

Wait, really? I thought the motion of the screensaver strengthens the screen while it's on, at least that's what I was told.
m
l
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a c 249 D Laptop
February 2, 2013 12:05:47 AM

jahrasta311 said:
Wait, really? I thought the motion of the screensaver strengthens the screen while it's on, at least that's what I was told.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHE... NOW i KNOW YOU ARE KIDDING LOL

m
l
a b α HP
a c 195 C Monitor
a c 439 D Laptop
February 2, 2013 12:06:52 AM

jahrasta311 said:

Yes, the unknown secret about a screen saver is that it creates a force field around the screen itself. It is so strong that it can survive the impact of a 50 calibre armor piercing bullet which has a velocity faster than the speed of sound. Too bad it doesn't extend beyond the screen though so while the screen itself may survive the impact, the shockwave will destroy the rest of the laptop.
m
l
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a c 249 D Laptop
February 2, 2013 12:10:33 AM

jaguarskx said:
Yes, the unknown secret about a screen saver is that it creates a force field around the screen itself. It is so strong that it can survive the impact of a 50 calibre armor piercing bullet which has a velocity faster than the speed of sound. Too bad it doesn't extend beyond the screen though so while the screen itself may survive the impact, the shockwave will destroy the rest of the laptop.

The shooter could always use Frangible ammo...

m
l

Best solution

a b α HP
a b C Monitor
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2013 1:18:58 AM

Is this the one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You might be better off buying a new netbook. I did a quick search and couldn't find any parts sources. You could also contact HP to see what they can do for you.

Do you have any sort of damage protection insurance on the HP?
February 3, 2013 8:05:07 PM

yes that is the one. Unfortunately no damage protection :(  and it was only a few months old. I will check with HP. Thank you very much!!
m
l
February 3, 2013 8:05:22 PM

Best answer selected by jessica2442.
m
l
!