Uninstallin XP home Sp2 I have Bosnian language error.

OK! I have tryed to uninstall Windows XP home Sp2 I get the following Error.
"Bosnian (Latin,Bosnia and Herzegovina) is selected as the language for
standards and formats , or for non-unicode programs,This language is not
supported prior to Windows XP Sp2. Please see spreadme.htm to select a
diffrent language. First prob with that Error is there is no spreadme.htm.
Second is if I can't use the add/remove programs in the control panel how am
I suppost to remove it.
I recieved my Sp2 CD the other day but I need to uninstall Sp2 to run
hardware/software dianogistics. Sp2 that was installed was downloaded from
Windows Update and I live in The great free world of the USA.
Could somebody out there be able to help me with this one PLEASE !!!!!

SP2 is in the add/remove,chk the box at the top"list updates".If you tried
that,
why not do a repair of xp,boot to cd,install xp,repair this copy.All
updates are
lost includeing SP2,however all settings,software,etc stays intact.

"TimStop" wrote:

> OK! I have tryed to uninstall Windows XP home Sp2 I get the following Error.
> "Bosnian (Latin,Bosnia and Herzegovina) is selected as the language for
> standards and formats , or for non-unicode programs,This language is not
> supported prior to Windows XP Sp2. Please see spreadme.htm to select a
> diffrent language. First prob with that Error is there is no spreadme.htm.
> Second is if I can't use the add/remove programs in the control panel how am
> I suppost to remove it.
> I recieved my Sp2 CD the other day but I need to uninstall Sp2 to run
> hardware/software dianogistics. Sp2 that was installed was downloaded from
> Windows Update and I live in The great free world of the USA.
> Could somebody out there be able to help me with this one PLEASE !!!!!

I have already tryed that.
Since I have a SATA as my primary drive that has to have the driver loaded
at start for the Windows XP reinstall process. It's difficult my, SATA is
run as a IDE drive and it don't let me do a repair the Boot. I'm not even
sure if the Boot log is correct. The Boot reads as follows - Multi
(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\Windows=Microsoft Windows Home
Edition*/fastdetect/No Execute=OptIn. I'm not able to modify the boot log!
When I open the System Configuration Utility in the BOOT.ini windows it shows
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\Windows=Microsoft Windows Homw Edition.
I don't know if that is correct or not. All I know is I have over 25gig of
data on that drive.
I will consider reloading Windows;But, it's not as easy as Deltree/Windows
with the CMD prompt as it is with Win98. I'm lucky considering I performed
SFC/Scannow using the Windows XP w/SP1. That one was hard to come back from
considering the SFC/Scannow resets the system restore to 0.
I don't doubt anybody there I just have concerns about keeping my data safe.

Thanx Tim