Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizzard

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:41:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me to
uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!
August 7, 2005 5:43:51 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?

"JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:19F4D12F-E698-40F5-87AF-F978A6079B5F@microsoft.com...
> Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
> camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me
to
> uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 5:43:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and long
as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the photos
directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on my
pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB connection
is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the camera
is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me the
option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The wizard
simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
should.

"DL" wrote:

> You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
>
> "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:19F4D12F-E698-40F5-87AF-F978A6079B5F@microsoft.com...
> > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
> > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me
> to
> > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!
>
>
>
Related resources
August 7, 2005 3:02:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Your problem appears to be the same as another thread/ng post
So far there has been no resolution

"JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BBD81AFF-5DAE-4AD4-8A64-50A7C918A23D@microsoft.com...
> According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and
long
> as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
> computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the
photos
> directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on
my
> pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB
connection
> is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
> said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
> Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the
camera
> is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me
the
> option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The
wizard
> simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
> contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
> should.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
> >
> > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:19F4D12F-E698-40F5-87AF-F978A6079B5F@microsoft.com...
> > > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into
the
> > > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and
Camera
> > > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post
told me
> > to
> > > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open.
HELP!
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:02:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

DL . . . thanks for your help. I found a solution through a microsoft chat
room and it worked! You may pass this on to others:
www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A...

"DL" wrote:

> Your problem appears to be the same as another thread/ng post
> So far there has been no resolution
>
> "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BBD81AFF-5DAE-4AD4-8A64-50A7C918A23D@microsoft.com...
> > According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and
> long
> > as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
> > computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the
> photos
> > directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on
> my
> > pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB
> connection
> > is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
> > said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
> > Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the
> camera
> > is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me
> the
> > option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The
> wizard
> > simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
> > contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
> > should.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> > > You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
> > >
> > > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:19F4D12F-E698-40F5-87AF-F978A6079B5F@microsoft.com...
> > > > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into
> the
> > > > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and
> Camera
> > > > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post
> told me
> > > to
> > > > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open.
> HELP!
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:02:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks so much. I went into a chat room and found a fix, but your link to
the same fix is shorter. It worked! Hate when I can't find solutions but I
am impressed with the chat room and with this supposrt system also.
Joan

"Treeman" wrote:

>
> Hmmm,
> Try this then;
> 'Autoplay Repair Wizard' (http://tinyurl.com/5s4x7)
> Best,
> Treeman
>
>
> --
> Treeman
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870961624
>
>
!