Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizzard

Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me to
uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!
7 answers Last reply
More about microsoft scanner camera wizzard

    You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?

    "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
    > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
    > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me
    > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!

    According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and long
    as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
    computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the photos
    directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on my
    pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB connection
    is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
    said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
    Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the camera
    is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me the
    option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The wizard
    simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
    contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
    should.

    "DL" wrote:

    > You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
    >
    > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into the
    > > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera
    > > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post told me
    > > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open. HELP!

    Your problem appears to be the same as another thread/ng post
    So far there has been no resolution

    > According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and
    long
    > as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
    > computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the
    photos
    > directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on
    my
    > pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB
    connection
    > is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
    > said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
    > Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the
    camera
    > is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me
    the
    > option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The
    wizard
    > simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
    > contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
    > should.
    >
    > "DL" wrote:
    >
    > > You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
    > >
    > > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Just purchased a Soney - W7 Cyber SHot. When I pug the USB cable into
    the
    > > > camera the camera reads 'USB Connect'. The Microsoft Scanner and
    Camera
    > > > Wizard is supposed to open automaticaly . . . IT DOESN'T One post
    told me
    > > > uninstall Real Player which I have done . . . still doesn't open.
    HELP!

    Hmmm,
    Try this then;
    'Autoplay Repair Wizard' (http://tinyurl.com/5s4x7)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    DL . . . thanks for your help. I found a solution through a microsoft chat
    room and it worked! You may pass this on to others:
    www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDADA&displaylang=en

    "DL" wrote:

    > Your problem appears to be the same as another thread/ng post
    > So far there has been no resolution
    >
    > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > According to the Sony manual, the camera is a 'plug and play' device and
    > long
    > > as I have XP I do not have to do anything except connect the USB to the
    > > computer and the camera while both are turned on. I can retrieve the
    > photos
    > > directly from the camera by going to 'My Computer' in the 'Start' menue on
    > my
    > > pc and then clicking on the Sony icon, but it is a pain. My USB
    > connection
    > > is good and the camera diplays the 'USB Connect' on the LED . . . but as I
    > > said in my original message, my camera manual says that in Windows XP,
    > > Microsoft Sanner and Camera Wizard should open automatically when the
    > camera
    > > is attached and take me through the retrieving process and then give me
    > the
    > > option for erasing all uploaded pictures from the memory stick. The
    > wizard
    > > simply will not open. I have searched the Microsoft web site and Ihave
    > > contacted Sony and nobody can tell me why the Wizard does not open as it
    > > should.
    > >
    > > "DL" wrote:
    > >
    > > > You installed the Sony software and camera as per manu instructions?
    > > >
    > > > "JoanInGA" <JoanInGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the
    > Camera
    > told me
    > HELP!

    Thanks so much. I went into a chat room and found a fix, but your link to
    the same fix is shorter. It worked! Hate when I can't find solutions but I
    am impressed with the chat room and with this supposrt system also.
    Joan

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > Hmmm,
    > Try this then;