Your question

Gloria II OpenGL drivers

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Drivers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2001 11:20:36 PM

In reviewing this card, found at here: http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q2/000515/opengl-... ...it was mentioned that the drivers for this card were unstable. I wonder if there has been improvement on this front? I'm plan to run this card on a AMD 1.4ghz DDR system based on the 760AMD chipset, Asus A7M266. I'd like to build a mid-level system to climb the learning curve for 3D Studio Max. I'll be running After Effects and other standard graphics apps. Are there any considerations with chipset/card? I plan to install Win2000 on the machine. sil

More about : gloria opengl drivers

July 28, 2001 11:48:12 PM

Seeing as how Gloria 2 won't be terribly powerful, just get it's GeForce equivalent and use softquadro. Or better yet get a better GeForce eries, and use softquadro. And yes the drivers have improved. Don't forget to use Maxtreme- it REALLY increases performance.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.
July 29, 2001 8:01:00 PM

I'm not familiar with softquadro, can you post a link or point me to a resource so I can read up on this facility?

A friend told me to get a Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2 Ultra and "forcing" it to take the GLoria III drivers. He's running a GeForce2 Pro with forced quadro 2 drivers.
Related resources
July 29, 2001 8:44:38 PM

found the link for the softquadro by searching the forums. would appreciate feedback on forcing drivers though.
July 30, 2001 2:11:51 AM

Nothing to it, won't mess up yours system. Just d-load and press the patch it or whatever button.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.
!