Sign in with
Your question

How to make my computer like the day i bought it

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 1, 2013 10:00:39 PM

It is a toshiba.. Kids have downloaded junk and now it runs slow and I dont know how to remove some of the down loads so I want to set it back to new and start over
February 1, 2013 10:07:24 PM

Not to be too funny with you, but do you have the manuals that came in the box with the laptop? and you should of also got some recovery Dvd`s or Cd`s to do the job.
You know it helps if you read the manual you know, its all there if your just not too lazy to read them. I suggest you do. Quicker than asking on the forum.
m
l
February 1, 2013 10:10:37 PM

Slightly amazed it has not crossed your mind, or did you throw them out?, because belive it or not there there for such a thing you know.
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 10:13:09 PM

If you don't have or cann't find your recovery disk contact Toshiba and order them. When you get them put them in the dvd drive an fallow the instructions.
m
l
February 1, 2013 10:14:08 PM

NO need to be sarcastic. Have you made a back up? if so just use that :)  you can also format it or reinstal the windows.
m
l
February 1, 2013 10:18:02 PM

There is a good chance that there is a recovery option available in the bios on boot up. HP's have the option to do a factory reset from recovery options in the bios. I imagine Toshiba is similar.
m
l
February 1, 2013 10:58:36 PM

Just give the computer to your kids and get yourself a new model.
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 1, 2013 11:35:13 PM

or format the thing, fresh. get an ssd while you're at it, get an external hdd also
m
l
!