Folder passwords in XP

August 6, 2005 5:37:06 PM

I was sure the link I found was referring to XP. If not, well... We
would have set up an account for my friend's father, but I've seen that
even private accounts can be viewed through My Computer >> C: >>
Documents and Settings. So if we can't use passwords, can't we get
advice on other ways to secure content from public access?

--
AshenSparrow

More about : folder passwords

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:30:31 PM

You must not have ever looked at the Properties of a folder (rightclick it) The Security or Sharing tab has a checkbox to 'make this
folder private.' The default Admin account (from a Safe Mode boot, if Home Ed.,) will even access the ..security tab/Permissions
button.

If you want password protection, put a password on all accounts. The account has permission, or it does not. This is far more
'transparent' to users, than any clunky 'password per folder' scheme.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!