I use shortcuts a lot but when I click on 'em, the window is formed behind
all other open windows. How can I force a newly opened window (via a
shortcut or any other method) to open on 'top'? This is with IE 6, XP, and
the box in tools -> options -> advanced "Reuse Windows for Launching
Shortcuts" is unchecked. If this is not where I'm
supposed to be posting this question, please give me specific information on
where I should.

Thanks much in advance.

Mike

Opening at the top of the "Z" order, is the default in XP. You have to alter the registry to make things 'pop under'. You probably
have spyware damage to your registry.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message news:uONLU%23qmFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I use shortcuts a lot but when I click on 'em, the window is formed behind
> all other open windows. How can I force a newly opened window (via a
> shortcut or any other method) to open on 'top'? This is with IE 6, XP, and the box in tools -> options -> advanced "Reuse
> Windows for Launching Shortcuts" is unchecked. If this is not where I'm
> supposed to be posting this question, please give me specific information on where I should.
>
> Thanks much in advance.
>
> Mike

TRENDING THREADS