Strange credentials

When scheduling a backup with NTBackup, I get a credentials invalid error
when the task scheduler tries to run it. The credentials ("Rick Serafini")
are prefixed with "trseraf Dialup\". We are not on a domain or in a
workgroup. I suspect it is a remnant of a couple of trojans detected and
removed with eTrust Antivirus, but there appears to be some unwanted registry
data causing the problem. trseraf does correlate to one of the PC's users, T
R Serafini. This is on a Dell Dinension PX running XP with SP2 and all
critical and security updates installed.

The backup works fine when not running it through the Task Scheduler.
1 answer Last reply
More about strange credentials

    811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:

    I would create a new user ID, to purge the 'HKey_Current_User' corruption.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Steve Rakoz" <Steve Rakoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15577B40-0F79-4C50-9FFC-2B7481F273E7@microsoft.com...
    > When scheduling a backup with NTBackup, I get a credentials invalid error
    > when the task scheduler tries to run it. The credentials ("Rick Serafini")
    > are prefixed with "trseraf Dialup\". We are not on a domain or in a
    > workgroup. I suspect it is a remnant of a couple of trojans detected and
    > removed with eTrust Antivirus, but there appears to be some unwanted registry
    > data causing the problem. trseraf does correlate to one of the PC's users, T
    > R Serafini. This is on a Dell Dinension PX running XP with SP2 and all
    > critical and security updates installed.
    >
    > The backup works fine when not running it through the Task Scheduler.

Windows XP