Email support

The fan on my Dimension 8300 is getting progressive louder. I would
like to get it replaced before the warranty ends in 15 days. I
believe I read that I can email Dell to get this started (or am I
dreaming?) Do I have to call Tech Support? What is best way to go
about this?

Thanks for you assistance.

~k

"Kmee" <Kmee@nospammsn.com> wrote in message
| The fan on my Dimension 8300 is getting progressive louder. I would
| like to get it replaced before the warranty ends in 15 days. I
| believe I read that I can email Dell to get this started (or am I
| dreaming?) Do I have to call Tech Support? What is best way to go
| about this?
|
| Thanks for you assistance.
|
| ~k

The only time I have needed support for a hardware replacement (a failing
video card fan) I did it via email. It was entirely painless.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/email_hub?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

--
Doug

Thanks you for the link.

~k
"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:wG5me.4424$XA6.1889@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
"Kmee" <Kmee@nospammsn.com> wrote in message
| The fan on my Dimension 8300 is getting progressive louder. I would
| like to get it replaced before the warranty ends in 15 days. I
| believe I read that I can email Dell to get this started (or am I
| dreaming?) Do I have to call Tech Support? What is best way to go
| about this?
|
| Thanks for you assistance.
|
| ~k

The only time I have needed support for a hardware replacement (a
failing
video card fan) I did it via email. It was entirely painless.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/email_hub?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

--
Doug

I just had the heatsink replaced on my XPS Gen 3. One email brought a call
from tech support. They arranged for the replacement without asking for any
troubleshooting. The next day they rang my doorbell and replaced it. No
muss no fuss.