How to disable auto userID/password

I am trying to change my router settings and somehow XP is automatically
filling in the PPOE user ID and password incorrectly....even after I've reset
the router to factory default.
I must've agreed to let it do so at some point, but now it's filling in
the info incoreectly, creating IP errors and I can't prevent it.
Or is the router getting this info from somewhere else on the computer?

I can create a new user identity, get into the router that way with no "auto
fill", but I don't want to have to re-create everything now on my primary
user identity.

How do I turn this damn thing off?!?!

Gary!
1 answer Last reply
More about disable auto userid password

    Your router does not get the info from XP it comes from your ISP your modem
    not XP. Access your modem screen and change the info from there.

    "Curmudgeon" <Curmudgeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to change my router settings and somehow XP is automatically
    > filling in the PPOE user ID and password incorrectly....even after I've
    > reset
    > the router to factory default.
    > I must've agreed to let it do so at some point, but now it's filling in
    > the info incoreectly, creating IP errors and I can't prevent it.
    > Or is the router getting this info from somewhere else on the computer?
    >
    > I can create a new user identity, get into the router that way with no
    > "auto
    > fill", but I don't want to have to re-create everything now on my primary
    > user identity.
    >
    > How do I turn this damn thing off?!?!
    >
    > Gary!

Routers Windows XP