VooDoo 5 5500 AGP 4X

G

Hey everyone I got a problem. My VooDoo 5 5500 isnt running at AGP 4X.
System config:
Asus A7V (latest BIOS 1007)
512MB PC133 Crutial RAM CAS2
Dual 18.3 Ultra 160 SCSI Drives
Adaptec 19160 Ultra 160 Controller
Single 60GB Ultra ATA/100
VooDoo 5 5500 AGP
I have run several proggies to detect AGP status and all say AGP is running at 2X. I know most ppl say that there isnt that much difference in AGP 2X and 4X but i figure I paid for it why not use my system to it's full potential. I mean I didn't just peice this baby together on a low budget. I forked out the cash!!! Can someone please help me out? I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
If I'm not mistaken you're running a VIA Chipset. Instal the 4 in 1 Via Drivers and make sure you select Turbo mode for the AGP driver. This should fix you up. You may have to instal the VIA drivers while in safe mode... Use PCILIST to confirm your 4x status. You have enabled it in the BIOS right??

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
If I'm not mistaken you're running a VIA Chipset. Instal the 4 in 1 Via Drivers and make sure you select Turbo mode for the AGP driver. This should fix you up. You may have to instal the VIA drivers while in safe mode... Use PCILIST to confirm your 4x status. You have enabled it in the BIOS right??

G

Yup everything is installed with the new VIA 4in1 drivers (latest release v.4320. My BIOS is set correctly to reister AGP4X. I havnt tested it wil the new v.432 VIA drivers to c wether it reads 4X or 2X. Do you know a proggie that is good at testing the AGP slot accuratly?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
PowerStrip3.0 is an excellent program to troubshoot AGP problems and also give you ability to configure the AGP.

<A HREF="http://www.entechtaiwan.com" target="_new">http://www.entechtaiwan.com</A>

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed