Hi everyone

I have a computer on my lan that does not accept remote desktop
connection.- I have checked the following

I can ping the xp box by address and by name
I can ping from xp box anywhere in LAN
I can ping from xp box outside (google.com)
I can rd from xp box to anywhere on my LAN
I CANNOT rd from anywhere on my LAN to XP box
I can telnet localhost and loopback
Remote is enable on my xp box

I have almost done everything but the right thing I guess

I check my services and found out Terminal service does not start, it
just hangs in there I net start termservice and nothing happens

How do I uninstall and install this service again like you do in w2k
pro

Thanks for the help

The box probably loads some driver that stops the RD service. Updating/disabling that would be the only fix.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1123361362.824408.69400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Hi everyone
>
> I have a computer on my lan that does not accept remote desktop
> connection.- I have checked the following
>
> I can ping the xp box by address and by name
> I can ping from xp box anywhere in LAN
> I can ping from xp box outside (google.com)
> I can rd from xp box to anywhere on my LAN
> I CANNOT rd from anywhere on my LAN to XP box
> I can telnet localhost and loopback
> Remote is enable on my xp box
>
> I have almost done everything but the right thing I guess
>
> I check my services and found out Terminal service does not start, it
> just hangs in there I net start termservice and nothing happens
>
> How do I uninstall and install this service again like you do in w2k
> pro
>
> Thanks for the help

Latest posts