Tags:
  • Trojan
  • Windows XP
August 7, 2005 1:00:59 AM

Hello

I have found the subject file on my computer during a Trojan scan. I
got the result that this was in the C:\windows\system32 folder.

Also the results of the scan said it was a "Trojanspy.win32.agent.et1.

I though this was a windows updater program but the Trojan scanner
says its a Trojan. I have tried to do a google search on this file
and there was no result from the search that was useful (1 hit).

Is this a updating file or is it a Trojan as the Trojan scanner
shows???

Where can I get info to get rid of this file if it is a Trojan and not
a windows updater file??

LinkSys .... great wire(less)

More about : mspeupx exe windows updater

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:42:27 AM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

<BearMuffy@GooYaho.ole> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have found the subject file on my computer during a Trojan scan. I
> got the result that this was in the C:\windows\system32 folder.
>
> Also the results of the scan said it was a "Trojanspy.win32.agent.et1.
>
> I though this was a windows updater program but the Trojan scanner
> says its a Trojan. I have tried to do a google search on this file
> and there was no result from the search that was useful (1 hit).
>
> Is this a updating file or is it a Trojan as the Trojan scanner
> shows???
>
> Where can I get info to get rid of this file if it is a Trojan and not
> a windows updater file??
>

> LinkSys .... great wire(less)
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:36:50 AM

Thanks for the advice.....

I'm off to do it now...

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 21:42:27 GMT, "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
wrote:

>Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
>Ad-Aware
>http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
>
>Spybot search and destroy
>http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
>
>Ewido Security Suite Trial version
>http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
>
>Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

LinkSys .... great wire(less)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:14:57 PM

Thanks again for the tip... the EWIDOSETUP is what cleaned the system
out. Never heard of this one before..... Again.. Thanks

wrote:

>Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
>Ad-Aware
>http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
>
>Spybot search and destroy
>http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe