Windows XP Home Activation - Question

Due to various problems with my computer I have had to re-install Windows XP
Home on numerous occassions. In some instances there may have been hardware
changes. After my last install I could not activate over the internet and
had to telephone to activate. This is quite frustrating as the process is
not only long winded but the service seems to be staffed by people whose
native language is not English and understanding each other was a problem.
Is there a way to get my activation count reset so that I can activate any
future re-installs over the internet?

Thanks,

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about windows home activation question

    Andy;
    No, other than it is already reset after 120 days if no changes are made
    requiring activation.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Andrew" <andrewportess@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Due to various problems with my computer I have had to re-install Windows
    > XP Home on numerous occassions. In some instances there may have been
    > hardware changes. After my last install I could not activate over the
    > internet and had to telephone to activate. This is quite frustrating as
    > the process is not only long winded but the service seems to be staffed by
    > people whose native language is not English and understanding each other
    > was a problem. Is there a way to get my activation count reset so that I
    > can activate any future re-installs over the internet?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andy

    Thanks. I did reinstall maybe 3 or 4 times over a 2 day period so possible
    this maxed it out.

    Cheers,

    Andy
    > Andy;
    > No, other than it is already reset after 120 days if no changes are made
    > requiring activation.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Andrew" <andrewportess@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Due to various problems with my computer I have had to re-install Windows
    >> XP Home on numerous occassions. In some instances there may have been
    >> hardware changes. After my last install I could not activate over the
    >> internet and had to telephone to activate. This is quite frustrating as
    >> the process is not only long winded but the service seems to be staffed
    >> by people whose native language is not English and understanding each
    >> other was a problem. Is there a way to get my activation count reset so
    >> that I can activate any future re-installs over the internet?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Andy

Windows XP