Windows XP Home Activation - Question

August 7, 2005 2:53:21 AM

Due to various problems with my computer I have had to re-install Windows XP
Home on numerous occassions. In some instances there may have been hardware
changes. After my last install I could not activate over the internet and
had to telephone to activate. This is quite frustrating as the process is
not only long winded but the service seems to be staffed by people whose
native language is not English and understanding each other was a problem.
Is there a way to get my activation count reset so that I can activate any
future re-installs over the internet?

Thanks,

Andy
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:53:22 AM

Andy;
No, other than it is already reset after 120 days if no changes are made
requiring activation.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Andrew" <andrewportess@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Due to various problems with my computer I have had to re-install Windows
> XP Home on numerous occassions. In some instances there may have been
> hardware changes. After my last install I could not activate over the
> internet and had to telephone to activate. This is quite frustrating as
> the process is not only long winded but the service seems to be staffed by
> people whose native language is not English and understanding each other
> was a problem. Is there a way to get my activation count reset so that I
> can activate any future re-installs over the internet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
August 7, 2005 11:58:17 PM

Thanks. I did reinstall maybe 3 or 4 times over a 2 day period so possible
this maxed it out.

Cheers,

Andy
news:o Dhx0mtmFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...