no POST beep, boots fine

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My refurb gen3 doesn't give a POST beep but boots and runs ok.
I've tried the a03 and a05 BIOS with no difference.
When I reset the BIOS to default I get one long beep so I know the internal
speaker is ok.
I would like to fix this for possible future trouble-shooting.
Or should I forget about it.

All suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

john

"john" <bits@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> My refurb gen3 doesn't give a POST beep but boots and runs ok.
> I've tried the a03 and a05 BIOS with no difference.
> When I reset the BIOS to default I get one long beep so I know the
> internal speaker is ok.
> I would like to fix this for possible future trouble-shooting.
> Or should I forget about it.
>
> All suggestions and ideas are appreciated.
>
> john

I don't believe any of my Dimensions beep when they boot properly. Who
cares?

Tom

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> I don't believe any of my Dimensions beep when they boot properly. Who
> cares?
>
> Tom

Thanks, I didn't know that.
I don't really care, except that if it is supposed to work I think it
should.

>> I don't believe any of my Dimensions beep when they boot properly. Who
>> cares?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Thanks, I didn't know that.
> I don't really care, except that if it is supposed to work I think it
> should.
>
> john

I think they just suppress them until there is a problem.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> "john" <bits@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> I don't believe any of my Dimensions beep when they boot properly. Who
>>> cares?
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Thanks, I didn't know that.
>> I don't really care, except that if it is supposed to work I think it
>> should.
>>
>> john
>>

> I think they just suppress them until there is a problem.

Thanks I won't worry with this any more.

john