Touchpad

In Windows XP, where do you find the touchpad options for laptops? I've
looked at all the driver devices and I can't seem to find anything.

MERLIN

For my Gateway laptop they're under the "Mouse" options in the control
panal.

"Jbeese" <Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows XP, where do you find the touchpad options for laptops? I've
> looked at all the driver devices and I can't seem to find anything.

Okay, I should specify, I have a Compaq Presario R3000. I've already tried
all control panel options (or I think I have, at least).

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

See if this helps..
1.. Click Start then click Control Panel.

2.. Click Printers and Other Hardware then click Mouse.

3.. Select the Device Settings tab.

4.. Highlight Synaptics TouchPad in the list and click the Settings
button.

5.. Click the plus sign next to Sensitivity to change the sensitivity
settings of the touchpad.

> Okay, I should specify, I have a Compaq Presario R3000. I've already
> tried
> all control panel options (or I think I have, at least).

Start ... program files for Toshiba utilities

"Jbeese" <Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows XP, where do you find the touchpad options for laptops? I've
> looked at all the driver devices and I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks for the advice, but still no-go. There is no device settings on my
mouse option in the control pannel. The mouse portion is for a standard
mouse, but the options still change my touchpad. The problem is, I don't
have settings for tap-clicking (which majorly annoys me), or side-bar
scrolling (which I used to have).

"Jbeese" <Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows XP, where do you find the touchpad options for laptops? I've
> looked at all the driver devices and I can't seem to find anything.

You may have to go to the Compaq support site and download the touchpad
driver for your make and model laptop and install it.

In message <0DE2AE29-A64E-4057-A8CB-95783CCEED32@microsoft.com>, Jbeese
<Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>Thanks for the advice, but still no-go. There is no device settings on my
>mouse option in the control pannel. The mouse portion is for a standard
>mouse, but the options still change my touchpad. The problem is, I don't
>have settings for tap-clicking (which majorly annoys me), or side-bar
>scrolling (which I used to have).
Silly question maybe, but did you install the drivers for the touchpad?
I use a Fujitsu lappy with a Synaptics touchpad. Drivers are needed for
this.
--
gillie

Does anyone know how to change touchpad sensitivity on a sony vaio laptop.
there is no tab in the mouse menu for touchpad?

"Nog" wrote:

> "Jbeese" <Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Windows XP, where do you find the touchpad options for laptops? I've
> > looked at all the driver devices and I can't seem to find anything.
>
> You may have to go to the Compaq support site and download the touchpad
> driver for your make and model laptop and install it.

SMC79

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
thank y Ricky for your instructions on how to fix my tap to click....i looked everywhere and your instructions were the ones that worked!!!